Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos et al - June 2011

Heading zzzzzzzzzzz

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

tawnyfrog;1136575 wrote: Arvo all,

Sunny - good luck with the lesson. I learnt in a manual because automatics hadn't been invented back then :upset:

Saucy - my current gnocchi fave (Delicious, March) uses bought gnocchi because I couldn't be arsed making my own. Here's the basic recipe but I use more garlic etc.

For 4:

Cook 500g gnocchi 2 mins, drain thoroughly

Whizz 220g jar drained roasted red capsicum, 1 chili, 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, 2 garlic, 1 cup grated parmigiano. Season and add 2tabs oil to make a thick pesto.

Fry drained gnocchi in 1 tab oil for 3 mins until golden. Stir through the pesto, then whack into shallow dish, sprinkle 25g toasted pine nuts and 75g crumbled blue cheese and whack under the gorilla for 3 - 4mins or until cheese melts.

(As if anybody would weigh out 25g pine nuts. Or 75g cheese. Geesh. But you get the drift.)

Hiya RC - I'm assuming Arctic Char is a fish?

Having a lazy indoor day, checking out real estate which I can't afford but it's an enjoyable activity. Found a great place in Tassie for a cool 1.2mil.

Hope MrG's weather report is still correct and that Beagle is not getting the horrible cold, blowy stuff we've got up here.

Hiya Mishy - cross posted. Please remember your friends when you receive that important letter ...
      I have an Arctic Char. Very comfortable....

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1609168=6293-attachment.jpg[/img]
      Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Well dinner plans got slightly altered. We got stuck downtown due to one my friends business meeting running late. Three other folks wanted to do dinner as well. We had to change from the main dining to the caf? at Le Cirque. The food was excellent and my disappointment assuaged by the wonderful company of friends. I had smoked salmon app, steak with saut?ed wild mushrooms.

Have a lovely rest of your weekend!

John xx
        Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Sounds beautiful techie!

Morning Undies and guests. Up an at em.
          I see poker in mt near future.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

Morning Sunny, Techie, and all to come,

Beautiful day here, and farm is calm.

Have a good one Undies!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Gidday undies!

Glad you enjoyed your dinner Techie! Its great that you are getting back out there and enjoying life!

Now that we have sent the latest foster cat back, Betty-puss deigns to sleep on the bed again. I think she withdrew her company in order to punish us :H

Junior house guest has returned home, but not before he wore me out on the soccer field. Dog, kids move fast!!!

Woke up for a howling southerly ..... went down for the mid-winter swim, but it was really rough and choppy, so I picked out and contented myself with cheering on the others.

Hope everyone is having a lovely lazy Sunday!
              Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn

Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Lazy Sunday Tick.

You are all out on my deck in the winter sun, nice coffee, nice brunch surrounded by sleepy dogs.
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

went back to bed for a power nap. NO poker, sleep is better. Having chocolate and coffee for brekky now.

Comment

sunshinetoday;1136984 wrote: went back to bed for a power nap. NO poker, sleep is better. Having chocolate and coffee for brekky now.
                    Yesssssss....sounds like the perfect Sunday morning to me.
                    If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                    Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

Arvo all you gnocchi-gobbling doodyheads

Brilliant day, cold but sunny and perfect for extracting wet weeds with chook entourage in tow.

Watched The Social Network last night - good movie and explains how the whole thing started ...

Comment

Arvo back at ya Froglet! Up early today and getting assorted locusts to destinations - offered middle locust yummy birthday feast restaurant of his choice anywhere in Briz and he picked - TADA - KFC...

Feel like never eating again....

On a brighter note last nights gnocchi so good and that sauce was the best. ta to you Froglet...how many cats do you have???

Just lazing now...and planning...and lazing

Comment

Hiya Saucy - glad you liked it, it's currently my fave and so easy-peasy and quick. I'm sobbin'-and-aweepin' at the KFCc sitch - but maybe you don't go there very often so it's a real treat?

Five cats which is weird because I'm basically a dog person but these buggers are great. They somehow all found me.

Glazed corned beef with a mountain of veggies tonight which should make for a fantastic bubble-and-squeak tomorrow.

Comment

Might just do a huge plate of veggies myself. Dont want any protein or pretend protein now. No we dont do KFC or any other junk food much. Probably for good reason. Mr happy didnt even know how to get in and out of the car park....

5 cats are cool. I'm guessing they get along with each other though.

Have been playing with the Diggers seed catalogue and reading lovely glossy book on self sufficiency. Dreams....

Comment

techie;1136474 wrote: Hey folks. My first BIG outing tonight. Dinner at Le Cirque. My favorite restaurant in NY. I'll try and hold a spot for you at the table. I'm so excited. I hope this finds you all well!

John xx
                              Hi there Techie! How goes it?
                              How are the Blunnies?

Le Cirque would have to be better than Per Se. Mr Rags and I were so cheesed of at the dreadful service, and the food wasn't all that much to write home about. When you come over here we'll take you to Berowra Waters Inn... BRILLIANT. You'll love it.
                              By the way, when are you coming over?

Home

When you look at the guesthouse pic you'll see their 3 moorings (the little white dots) We parked our trailer sailer at the mooring and they comeand pick you up in their barge.

Comment

tawnyfrog;1136576 wrote: Oh ... and here's the cute little shack in Tassie :

Domain - Gallery
                                Nah, don't like the kitchen sink tap fitting, or the double basin in the bathroom.

Comment

Working...
                                X