Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Underoos et al - June 2011

That sounds ideal! Do you love it?

Don't know what it's like up there but in my neck of the woods it's becoming more and more difficult to buy small acreages because no-one is allowed to subdivide anymore.

Comment

Other things we have to get our head around are no town water and internet and mobile - possible black hole. And given I have to work from home the last two are important. Not that water isnt. Important. But not anything that cant be worked out...do you think?

Comment

Same with this. Years ago a lot of the 10 acres were divided into 2.5. Not allowed anymore

Comment

I love it. I dont want to in case it doesnt come off.

And I havent told anyone. Mr Happy and I and the MIL are the only ones that know.

Except you lot.

Comment

The water isn't an issue - you'd get used to it. Have you checked whether you can get a satellite installation for internet?

Comment

Do we check that with Telstra?

Comment

I just did a quick MrsGoogle - there are a lot of providers - check Satellite Broadband

Comment

Snap! Clever Froglet!

Okay undies. Head down Bum up! Ize orf to do more research. and pick up a locust.

Happy Cooking Bridgey! Make something healthy for morning tea time...back soon!

Comment

tawnyfrog;1139148 wrote: That sounds ideal! Do you love it?

Don't know what it's like up there but in my neck of the woods it's becoming more and more difficult to buy small acreages because no-one is allowed to subdivide anymore.
                    and just laughing at me...you mean large large dont you..I guess 10 is small.

Comment

myhappyplace;1139165 wrote: ...you mean large large dont you..I guess 10 is small.
                      Guess it's all relative. Most of the land around here is around the 100+ acre mark but Beags is on 5,500 :H :H :H

Comment

Helloo my friends
                        Sorry I've been absent again! I went back to work after having three weeks off sick and promptly came down with a nasty flu bug, so am back on sick leave! Ended up with chest, throat and sinus infection so off for rest of week. I got out of bed early hours of yesterday morning and promptly fainted so I look like I've gone a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson! Black eye, chip out of me nose and a very fat and very black cheek - I don't look very good at all I'm afraid so no pictures please. Had to go back to Doctor and he said I had become very dehydrated through the high temp which caused me to faint. Well, well says I. When Mr K took me, I did frighten a little kid in the surgery who pointed at me and asked her Mummy what had happened to that lady with all that black on one side of her face - poor kid. Well actually poor Mummy, more like it, who looked like she wanted to crawl away anywhere but where she was tee hee. Congraultations on the land Happy sounds like an enormous fun adventure, go for it, how exciting! Friends of ours live on the mountain in Brizzie at Mt Tambourine it's a glorious view but scary driving up as it is very narrow and windy roads. I will have to check out some other posts and see what I've been missing out on. Take care and Love and Sunshine Always. Kaza x
                        Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day. ~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr:l:l

Comment

tawnyfrog;1139190 wrote: Guess it's all relative. Most of the land around here is around the 100+ acre mark but Beags is on 5,500 :H :H :H
                          & our hobby farm is 90 acres...:H:

how wonderful for you though happy - moving somewhere new is always exciting imo.
                          another sunny mild day here in beagle-land.
                          having a noice coffee, but not as noice as melb coffee.
                          horse's dick looks much better this a.m , as i'm sure you're all thrilled & relieved to hear. i'll do another willy wash today though....
                          gotta clean out the camper (my car is a troopy camper!) as we're going camping on the weekend....only taking 1 dog as will be a bit squishy with 4....the golden retr wins due to cuddle factor.

i'd better hop to it skidmarks so will catch you all later, have good day all....

oh kaza you poor thing hope you can rest up easy & feel better soon - LOTS of fluids deary & no stress! hugsy dear.:l

Comment

Lunch break...Kaz you poor thing, echo beagles advice. Take it easy lovely and hope Mr K is doing his usual and spoiling you rotten.

Beags so happy about your horse's willy...and hope your bruises are mending too.

Comment

Lunch break.
                              Healthy granular sandwich enjoyed.
                              Kaza, I did exactly the same thing when I had flu, fell against a door jam and broke my nose, black eye....you poor thing you've had a terrible trot. Get some good food and a multi and some echinacea into you. Build yourself back up again.

Happy, I've been thinking about your little land parcel all morning. I'd love to do that too one day. 10 acres is PLENTY to grow your own food, have an orchard and a permaculture set up. We can grow our own food on a balcony if we need to.

Enjoying the Beagle travel extravaganza doing a thorough read back......how was the King Tutankhamun exhibit though ?
                              If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                              Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

myhappyplace;1138859 wrote: And that sounded wrong but geez

Anyway - Rags MC reward challenge your fav at Berowra Waters Inn. how cool is that?

We had our honeymoon on the Hawkesbury on a boat. Had lunch Christmas Day at Cottage Point Inn and ate there again later. It was very good. Do you know if its still there?

Here ya go Happy. We haven't been there, but it is on the list!

Home| Cottage Point Inn

Comment

Working...
                                X