Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for june

Melissa...:l
    I'm so sorry you went through that. I hope you'll keep coming back here...this is a lovely thread and we all love and look after each other here.

Comment

Mama, you rescued me from a boring wait in the cardiac rehab waiting room today! I'm so glad you gave me a call. Here's to more chats. I'll try to send you some pics later tonight...it's not that I'm private, sweetie...I'm technologically inept! :h

Comment

I'll talk to everyone later. We're having a hellacious thunderstorm, saw sparks popping around the yard light!! A huge limb has come down in the backyard, on the fence, and the dogs arethiscloseto me! Put a shirt on Sadie to calm her down, and she's betterl
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Melissa-that was hard to live through and carry. Most of us have burdens to bear(never know which bare to use). Some are past, current or ongoing, but the best thing we can do is identify and share in a safe place. You have found that here and I wish you continued growth in your journey. It's all we get to do--baby steps sometimes and always one foot in front of the other and repeat, repeat.
          Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

I've figured out the shirt thing-I think. It's like bundling a baby to make them feel more secure. Makes total sense to me. Be safe Rubes. xo
            Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Melissa.....my best friend is Greek American. His family is like family to me. I'm sorry that you had to go through all that misery. Life throws a curve sometimes.......what we must do is over come your individual tragedy. You can do it ! Stick around...lot's of support here. Welcome. Tony
              ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
              those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
              Dr. Seuss

Comment

Melissa thank you for sharing .. it takes a very strong person to look back and now you are doing whats best for you to learn ,to make the changes in your life to get where you want to be ... keep it coming girl and with every step forward you get closer to the life you want .. big hugs and stay strong my dear friend...
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Weather is calmer right now. Finally fixed my e-mail today, and then another storm!! Will survey damage tomorrow. Guys in spandex reminded me of a quick joke: Guy goes to the beach for a week, hoping to meet women. He has on his little tiny spandex suit, but no one pays attention to him. He notices the life guard has lots of adoring women around him, so he finally asks him for some tips for attracting the fairer sex. Life guard says 'Tomorro, stuff a potato in your suit. Always works for me.'
                  Guy does as he's told, struts down the beach and EVERYONE is rolling in the sand laughing. Confused he walks up to the lifeguard, who hisses down from his chair, 'In the FRONT, man, the FRONT!'
                  Nora, hope you'll have time soon to post a nice long update of you. We miss you!
                  Tony, how's the job hunt going, love? Crossing my fingers!
                  RC, sounds like you are a little more optimistic, hon. Keep plugging away!
                  Nelz, hope you had a great Sat!
                  Swannie, come on, sugar, POST!! We all worry!!
                  MB, people love you, it's obvious. So good to see you posting more.
                  Sunni, what great news about Mags feeling better. Hope it continues long!
                  Biz, keep looking. Somewhere, someone will recognize your potential. It seems men are more affected by not having a job emotionally, so don't let it get you down.
                  Bird, hope you're packed!!
                  Hill, how did the fish derby go?
                  T, hows the family doing. Sue staying well?
                  Barb, it's so great having you joioning in, really being a part of the group. You really fit in.
                  Vick, where the H do you keep everything you put up?? I'm seriiously thinking about planning a root cellar to store things in.
                  Fen, some examples of trompe loeil:

]Melissa, did you know that a large percentage of women stubstance abusers were sexually abused? And I agree, it stays with us. When we're not adults, we don't know what to do, who to trust, and often internalize the guilt. I'm so glad you're here, and feel comfortable enough to share your life. You ARE so strong now, but that experience leaves scars only the abused knows about. (((hugs))) to you!
                  sigpic
                  Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                  awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hello again.

Effie so nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing Chapter 1 of your story. I am looking forward to getting to know you.

It looks like so many are having problems right now. I am so sorry.

I am getting my babies tomorrow morning. My great niece (11 years old) & nephew ( 8 years old) are coming to spend a month or so with us. We are so looking forward to that.

I'm still trying to get caught up with what is going on with everyone. But, I'm back. :l
                    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Rubes...after my training at the hospital......things have quietened down. I'm on my next faze....where I meet with councilors and they will help me with my job search.....I'm still putting in for various positions....see what happens. I still haven't heard from the VA on my divisibility compensation re-submit-ion. Still hoping....Tony
                      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                      Dr. Seuss

Comment

Good morning, everyone, I hope you are well. It's the weekend, wahoooooo. I am off to repair docks today at my in-laws, where we spend time in the summer swimming and fishing etc. It is amazing how much power the ice has. Our dock cribs get tossed around like wood chips. Hopefully the mosquitos don't completely deplete my blood supply. At least in vampire movies the girls are super sexy and pretty, as they drain your blood.

Melissa, welcome, it is nice to meet you, we are always here for you. Wow, chapter one, is a very sobering group of events.
                        Bizman, that must really be frustrating. Your two points, seem to make a lot of sense, as to why you are hitting roadblocks. Hang in there, I hope you find something soon.
                        Vicki, did you get ahold of Grateful?
                        Ringing, didn't you just put a smile on my face, and a warm feeling inside. Thanks, it's nice to be missed. The derby was great, we got 12 fish in my boat. Good times. Believe it or not, my wife and kids stole the lap top on me yesterday morning, so I didn't have a chance. I was a little late starting. Did the rain finally stop? Hope so
                        Ruby, the derby was great thanks, lots of fish. The weather held off, only rained a little bit. The mosquitos were fer-o-she-us.

Have a great day everyone,
                        Hill
                        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Hi all
                          1st day no morning homework in a long time. The play I have been working on so hard runs today. It has been exhausting work but its great to be busy too. Cant wait to get to the cabin and have some down time. Bring on the cukes rubes, Ive been livin off blueberries this week. Everyone has watermelons and cantaloupes for sale on the roads now for 1 and 2 bucks. Gotta go do laundry...later

Comment

Good Morning Hill and Bird

Hill - I laughed at you and the mosquitoes and the blood draining - good laugh first thing in the morning! Glad that you had a good time fishing. And now a fun weekend too... you sound as if life is sooo good - I am really pleased for you - being AF really has made such a difference to you.

Bird - Blueberries, and the melons - yumm. Nice that you are getting a break today (sort of). Do you leave for ruby's this weekend? Hope that the play goes well!!

Good morning to everyone else...I am off to work. Talk later,

Hugs, Sun XX
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

good morning one and all ... well sue is doing good and just kicking back at her sister house sitting and luke and i have been just lazy and some good news the truck is done and ill pick it up monday and find out how much this is going to cost me .. but anyway sue sister nnd family all went up north for the fernal ..not sure for how long ..
                              iad good luck buddy ..hill keep trucking buddy... bird drive safe and enjoy your there ...
                              sunhine have a great day at work ..
                              well stay strong shifting forward and thinking positive ...:h:l
                              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Good morning, family! No one will answer any of the phone numbers I have for Grateful, but Sunni got a pm from her and says she is okay. Maybe her and her family went out of town or on vacation?
                                Melissa, you write like a writer and I cannot wait to hear the rest of your story. I, too, was sexually abused as a child (I was only 4 and he was 13). I was too young to understand what was going on, but I carried the shame and the guilt most of my life. My parents were alcoholics, so my childhood was very scary and my Dad was a rageaholic!. I didn't understand all the pain I was in, all I knew is I was doing everything I could to numb myself out, because I hated myself so bad! The only way I survived is I got saved and realized how much God loved me and was helping me grow. I have given my testimony at church and female prisons and so on. Getting off alcohol has made me deal with so many issues I had buried, but I feel more free and learning who I am now. Remember this: Whatever Satan means to destroy you, Jesus uses to make you strong. I will pray for you and I look forward to helping you deal with all the things that has happened to you. Gotta run. I love you all so much and I will try to check later. Love, Vicki
                                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                                but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Working...
                                X