• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for june

So glad your mum made it here safely, Sun! :h

Comment

Rubes, what did you make for supper tonight?

Comment

It's good to lawyer up in this case, mama...I'm thinking of you. :l

Comment

Goodmorning everyone, it's hump day, wahoo.

Blonde, I don't know how you live with a barking "pickles" all the time. I think that I would be thinking some mean thoughts about the dog. I am lucky, the big galloot next door doesn't bark much, he could just is very intimidating for my small children and my wife.
          Ruby, thanks for the insight into the breed. You hit the nail on the head. When I look at him, to try to get him to see I am friendly, and I hold the look, he get's mad. I have had good chats with my neighbours, and we are getting the fences constructed so that there is no chance he is out of his yard, or running free in our yards. I agree with you, children, and pets, need to have good parents.
          Ruby, that looks so painful. Ouch

Have a great day everyone,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Ruby, wow, that looks very uncomfortable to say the least with the swollen hand. I once got a sunburn on my hands down in the caribbean one year...was on a cruise ship and spent lots of time in the sun. Was wearing sunscreen religiously but forgot to apply after washing my hands throughout the day and so just my hands got burned. Went from a size 7 ring finger to a size 10! Not that it was a sting but it looked about the same. I am high allergic to yellow jackets...haven't been stung in a few years but always wary of them when they are near! I hope you are feeling better. Loving your place more and more...so homey and welcoming. Love the porch! I will have to dig out some pics of my dog as she really does look so much like your Sadie (aka Satan...hahahahaha)!

Sick of Being Sick-You all look so beautiful. Love the colors and the setting. Yeah, I had my heart set on a beach wedding and it turned out to be a dream come true. Will try to get some pics to post soon.

Hi Jude, good luck with your busy day! Tomatoes ready yet?

Hi to Bird and Fennel. Hope everyone has a great day. Today is day 6 for me. Yesterday was a tough one with some strong cravings due to skipping lunch and just being straight out all day at work. On top of that, hubs had an emergency root canal which apparently could have infected his brain if left any longer. Unbelieveable. He said that he knew of someone at work who let the infected tooth go to the point where it did spread to the brain and she died. Crazy! BUT, with all of that, I remained clean and sober and got through it. Much better for it this morning as I'm full of energy and have lots to get done as it is my day off today AND tomorrow...whoooohooo! I work both weekend days and so I get 2 days off during the week.

Have a good one all!
            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
            :h

Comment

Oh, Sunny, I hate to think of your poor little mom being stranded like that for hours, but you've got her now, and you can pamper and love on her outrageously for the time she's here. I'm so happy for you both. Bet she'll be happy just enjoying you and your home, garden, without any entertainment at all.
              Hill, I'm glad you're talking to the neighbor. That's a huge thing many times. Another trait of the breed is for them to charge to within about 5 feet of a person, and take a stance. A GOOD Rottie will hold that distance, unless provoked. I hope this doesn't sour you on the whole breed, but you and your family deserve to feel safe and comfortable in your own yard. I've been on the receiving end of bad dogs, and they are at the least unnerving.
              Fen, I made meatloaf, adding shredded carrots, cucumbers, diced onion, and fresh tomato, then topped it all off with a brown sugar/cheddar cheese/tomato glaze. Also, fresh squash and vidalia onions sauteed in butter, field peas, corn bread, and sliced tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Frozen vanilla yogurt and fresh berries for dessert. Now I'm hungry again!
              Talked with both renters in question last night, and stopped them when they said they'd 'TRY' to be caught up by the deadline. I've been hearing 'trying' with nothing to support it for a year plus. I think everyone understands now what is expected.
              Talked with daughter and SIL last night about my sting, and they say I should have been on a round of prednisone given the extent of swelling and pain. Also, I need to have a fresh supply on hand at all times, and if it happens again, consider an epi-pen. The attacker was a wasp accidentally introduce here from Europe, and it's progress through the states reads something like the 'killer bees'. It's more aggressive, stings repeatedly. It's small, usually yellow with dark stripes, and the nests are umbrella shaped with hexagonal combs. They return to the area where their nest was, also, and rebuild if allowed. Lesson for today finished! :H
              Hope everyone has a good 'hump' day, and looks forward to the weekend! I'll leave you with some scenes from g'daughter's poolside B'Day party.........

sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi all
                Am going to play hooky from work today. Well really am thinking about quitting, it is highly stressful and at the breaking point I feel....Blonde that is good he got the root canal. Tooth pain is so bad. ....Sun cool your Mom is here.....made big bowl of salsa with tomatoes from garden....later

Comment

xpost rubes...we have killer bees here...a guy died while back

Comment

Bird, I think I heard about that one, if we're talking about the same incident. These little boogers are European Paper Wasps. Just what we need, right? Something else that can kill us!!?
                    You have to do what's right for you, girl. If the job takes more than it gives, it might be better to give it up.
                    I'm afraid the battle lines are drawn now with the furry inhabitants of our trees. Hubs found they had been in the garden, his treasure, and stripped off new veggies with just a few bites in them. So now it's truly Hubs VS Squirrels!
                    sigpic
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Happy hump day, friends. Do you all remember me? :H Sorry I haven't been around....I don't really have any excuse except the usual...I get down and depressed and just withdraw. BUT I always read here to keep up with everyone. I hope you'll forgive me for not addressing everyone right now....but I just wanted you all to know that even when I am not posting here, you ALL are my inspiration-even you newbies who are doing so very good!!

Just stuff going on that is weighing me down that probably wouldn't bother me too much if I had some backbone like most of you do. Anyway, besides you beautiful people, my other inspiration to keep going is my granddaughter. Here is a cute picture of her that her Aunt took for photo class in High School. I hope everyone has a great day!

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

rubywillow;1127214 wrote: Vick, you're burning your candle on both ends. I'm not going to champion what a trouper you are, because I want you to be around for a long time. S-L-O-W T-H-E F DOWN!!!
                        DITO, DITO, DITO, my sweet Ruby! I loved your pics! Your pool is breath taking!
                        Sunni, I am so glad your poor little Mom finally made it! Bless her heart. I hope you have a wonderful visit! Fennel, we are experiencing that heat, too, but thankfully, we had rain the last 2 evenings and it cooled us off in the 90s instead of the 100s the rest of the week! Blonde, you gotta post a pic of pickles! I have a pom, too. Her name is Chloe and even though they bark alot, they are a wonderful breed, so sweet and affectionate! Bird, we make salsa, too, but our tomatoes are just starting to come in. Grateful, I am so very sorry you have been feeling depressed and withdrawn! I know you have an awful lot on your plate and I continue to pray for you. I can't believe how much Addison has grown! She is a doll!
                        Yesterday, I picked and put up 28 quarts of turnip greens, 7 quarts of squash and gathered tons of cucumbers! I so wish you were all down here, so I could share with you. I love you all and hope you have a wonderful day! Got lots of gardening to work on today, too. It looks like work, Ruby, but I LOVE IT!!! Here's a pic of my precious Chloe... Love you all, Vicki

I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                        but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

Vick, I love putting by too, I have to admit, and it is SO much nicer when you can cool down in the pool before doing the outdoor work, and doing the canning in air conditioning! That is my daughter's pool, a boat in the marina, in the little lakeside community where daughter and family live. Some of her neighbors are OBSCENELY rich, but she and her bunch are so happy and welcomed there. There are only about 30 houses, but Hubs loved that little 1957 restored Criss Craft (like the one in 'On Golden Pond'), at the marina just below the pool. Hubs actually talked a lot about moving into an area like that.
                          (Won't work for him, but I just let him think!) :H
                          sigpic

Comment

Hi Peeps...a quick fly by from work...not so much brain fog today, but still there some....
                            would love to be in the garden or at our lake house full time....just LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it...but that's not where I am in my life right now.:upset:
                            Grateful...you sound so sad, but your granbaby is precious.....
                            My husband is so smart, that after talking with the tax attorney he figured out what needs to be done and do it himself. The attorney wanted $1500 that we just don't have.....We have a plan and our our funds will get "unfrozen"...Bret feels so bad cause he knows he dropped the ball, but I told him we are a team........even though I wnat to break both his arms and legs!!!!:H
                            Fabby pictures from everyone
                            Fen, how is your Mom? And sweet Sunni, enjoy your time with your Mum. Sorry the poor thing got stranded.
                            Hill and Rubes...can't debate with you about dogs. Cats....let's talk, but not doggies.
                            Rock on Rubes with the evictions. I put out one with 4 kids on Friday and have four more in line. Of course, I cheat and have an attorney do it, but landlord/tenant laws are so tough in Floirda that I practically have to be an attorney myself!!
                            Hey RC, Rog, Blonde, Scotty Lass and BIRDIE!!!!!!!! Hiya gurlfriend!!
                            ok back to work.....providing shelter for idiots that don't derserve or appreciate it!! YIKES...I AM getting mean in my old age.
                            Kisses
                            Jan
                            aka Janna Savanna (my property name is Savannah Oaks)
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Jan, I'm so happy that Brett is stepping up. Making your own decisions, handling your own matters, gives you power. DOING is so much better than worrying. Look, darlin', if it doesn't kill you, you WILL come out of thisl Not with what you had before, but was that the right life? There will be changes, but how wonderful to come out clean, whole, ready to face the world unafraid. You and Brett began with nothing, didn't you? Now you can build, and appreciate, everything you gain. And your wonderful boys will learn from that tool That living in the minute, without a thought of tomorrow, has consequences. They are old enough to help, make their way towards what's important to them. I love you, and your family, you've truly become part of this family, so we worry about you all, but most of all you. I believe it's a good thing to wean you from the meds.. You will be happier, clearer. Not that what you do isn't hard enough, but we can't take it into our lives. Hubs accused me a decade ago of 'taking them to raise'. I believe I've started to learn not to have them feel so important to me. And you daily have the family crisises that affect usl It's a hard call love. But I want YOU to be OK, then your family. Hubs and I are at the point of reconsidering what we have, and what we want, even in this economy. It's a big difference, I kinow from where you are. But my best advice is to look hard at where you are, and where you want to be in 10 years or m Nothing else lasts, unless we have a real hold on itl And again, I care about you. Want you to be out there in that garden.. So call me, if I haven't pissed you off too much, love. I preach to my children, more now my grandchildren, 'Live within your means.' Imagine tomorrow is all different. Not thinking that way is what got us all into such a shitpit. But you WILL come out of this, and you will be different. Work on yourself while the good things happen to you.
                              Ruby
                              sigpic

Comment

Ruby, you ROCK and I love you too. Thanks for the kind loving words of encouragement. You are my back up Mom, and you are so important to me. (and many others here)
                                and you are right, my boys are very wise and conservative after watching us struggle so
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X