Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for june

Hi Guys!

SickofBeingSick, your Pom is really sweet! I actually don't have a Pom...my neighbor does, and his name is Pickles. Unfortunately, athough a cute wee thing, he does bark incessantly at the drop of the hat and it's a bit much sometimes. I do love doggies though and I have always had one. Right now, we have a Jack Russell mix which looks a lot like Ruby's dog Sadie. Ours is named Coco. She is a rescue dog from Puerto Rico called a Sato. We love her.

CATS! I could talk cats (and dogs) all day! We also have 2 cats, both black, and both twin sisters. Good thing one got fat and one got skinny or we'd never be able to tell them apart :H! Hence they're named Big Kitty and Little Kitty but respectively, Clawdia and Charlotte, please note the spelling of Clawdia (and not Claudia). I know, too much, right?

Well, tomorrow marks a whole week of being sober, yahooo! I am dang proud of myself. I'm off to treat myself to a hot bubble bath by candlelight. I worked all day in the yard and I am pooped. Those of you who are vegetable growers, that is awesome! I am more of a flower girl myself. Planted some cleomes and cosmos seeds that I have been anxious to get in. My nastursiums are sprouting up all over the place...planted lots of those this year as I know they are a sure thing. Also did some big containers with flowers and lots of weeding! A hot bath is definitely in order! Hubs is teaching a class tonight and so I might as well make it a girls night in. Me and my 3 pets...all female. Someday we'll get a male cat or dog to even out the score a bit but right now Hubs has to deal.

Have a great night/day all...love the positive support and caring you show each other with what goes on with everyone's daily life on this thread. Take care.
    Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
    :h

Comment

well i have sad news the truck is dead and as the saying goes if its not broke dont mess with it ... well i had to mess with it and try to fix it and it s more then i can handle .. so its in the shop .. let someone else handle it .. not even sure how much its going to cost me .. but im not worry right now anyway .. ill just say it was a close call to pushing me over my boiling point ... and well now its time to get my ass to work and make some money .. im going to woirk for another company and i can also have my own thing going at the same time .. and im going to handle this like anything lead follow or get the fuck out of my way .... no more playing these games either they have work or not .. and not to ever put all my eggs in one basket...
      but anyway looks like everyone is doing good .. have a great night one and all stay strong and shifting forward and thinking positive
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Well! When you guys show up, there'a lots!
        Rog, I feel REALLY disappointed you on the work frontl I DO have so much to be done, but with my family visiting in and out, and the property I'm trying to buy, there is no extra cash for the things I want done at my housel I TRULY hope the Dingo has some more life in it!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I'm back in my natural habitat tonight! So grateful to be here, even though we had to head to the basement due to tornadoes. Cats are happy and so is Mrs. Fen! We had a bit of hail and I'm not looking forward to seeing the damages we accrued...:h

Comment

Oh my Gosh Fen,

I didn't hear about that on the news today. I'm glad you guys are safe. Hope the damage is kept to a min. tho on your house....
            THOUGHTS become THINGS
            choose the GOOD
            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

The hail seemed pretty small, Barbara...so I'm hoping things will be fine. The temperature has come down a bit since the storms, which is such a relief.

Comment

HEY no worries ruby .. im just glad you had a great time with your family ... fen glad you are doing well and safe ... hi there barbara1234..
                well have a great night and day tomorrow enjoy ...
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hallo everyone - I am sorry I am not posting - I have read back - glad everyone is well - Roger - I am so sorry about the truck! Jan - keep your pecker up - I will try and call tomorrow!! You are just constantly having more thrown at you - I am so sorry :l

Everyone else - OH - BIRD!!! so lovely to see you - we missed you!

Swannie - nice to see you too. I am not around much right now 'cos my mum is here. But will be back. Hugs to you my Flower!

Everyone else - sorry, not a whole lot of time - it has been SO hot here - hopefully the heatwave will break on Saturday. Mum and I are having so much fun though - it really is good seeing her again. I am so enjoying her being here.

Talk tomorrow. Love you all, Hugs,

love, Sun XXX
                  How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Good Thursday morning everyone, I hope all is well. We had a nice nice day yesterday, some of my wifes family from overseas was visiting, great to see them. I am really starting to think about my summer vacation, I have to admit.

Blonde, way to keep adding those days together. I hope your hubs is not in too much pain.
                    Ruby, I think he is a good dog. He certainly does stop a bit away, and stay still. Like you say, we just want to feel safe, and have some more privacy from the current neighbours.
                    Grateful, nice to hear from you. What a lovely picture with a great story!
                    Vicki, Chloe looks very cute indeed. No shortage of energy I bet
                    Mama, I have always had cats. I love them too. I have one right now, named Spike.
                    Fenel, hope everything is OK.
                    Rog, sorry the truck is being so stubborn.

Take care everyone,
                    Hill
                    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Bird, I hope you get some rain soon. I hope we do too! They say it's a high pressure area keeping us so dry. Whatever, even though when we get rain this time of year it's usually in the form of thunderstorms, and a dog peeing on a ground wire around here usually means we lose power, I'll happily reset all my clocks for some rain. Don't want anymore hail, tho, Fen. You can keep that!
                      Hubs is on the squirrel warpath right now. They were in his plants again, and that's a bad, bad thing. May need to check my recipes for squirrel stew out again! :H Fen, I hope your sisters appreciate you and how much you've done to keep Momma well and happy. No matter how much we love someone, it drains us to try and keep up with someone elses schedule and needs.
                      Hill, I bet you had a busybusy day yesterday. You always do, and I love reading about what's up with you and your family.
                      Vicks, let's make a deal.l I'll rest more, take better care of myself, if you'll do the same, girl. Oh, and I want your and Paul's salsa recipe! I think we're gonna be hit by an avalanche of tomatoes soon! Chloe is just SO beautiful, has so much personality just in her pictures.
                      Rog, I guess even grits can't fix what's wrong with the truck now. But, at least you didn't break dowwn on the road coming up here, right?
                      MB, Jan, I hope you have a good day today. I know in the rental business, they don't come often, but try to have some hope, and faith, that this will pass. Your not in this alone. Besides Brett and the boys, you have us now, to call on and lean on. You call me if you need to, honey.
                      Blonde, you and I need to swap seeds, girl!! Cleomes are one of my favorite plants. I have a ton of memories surrounding them and also peonies, so I especially love growing them. I 'thieved' some seeds last year from my cabin neighbor's house, but they haven't produced yet.
                      Barb, it's fabulous having you join in our merry crew! You can talk about anything you want, what's going wrong or what's going right in your life. This is SUCH a great crew here.
                      Kelly, I'll say it again; throw a few clothes in a bag, get on the bus, and come see me. I KNOW you have vacation time coming, and the rest of your crew can fend for themselves for a week or so. Think how much fun we would have, doing anything or nothing. If those in your life there don't appreciate you, we do. Come on. We'll lounge around, watch the mountains turn pink in the morning, visit the waterfalls, run over to the Mandala center, 3 minutes away, and have a massage. Skimp on food all day and gorge ourselves at the Nacoochee Wood Grill (remember, RC?! Maybe take a horseback ride up into the mountains, fish for supper, or just float in the cool mountain stream. No one will ask you to do a dang thing, except flush the terlit! I'm joking, but deadly serious. It will change your life, love, just to have some time completely to yourself, and see the possibilities. Addie will be fine, and I'll help you find her the perfect gift for when you go back.
                      I'm completely serious. Think about this; what is keeping you from doing something for yourself? And I promise it will be a trip to remember. Call me, love, and we'll set it up.
                      I have a family of 4 (she's from Maylasia) coming for the Fourth of July weekend. And people asking constantly about using the cabin this summer, but if you'll tell me you're coming, we'll run them all off! :H You really need a break, honey.
                      Tony, I hope you aren't too discouraged about the job search. You will be a wonderful asset for whomever is lucky enough to snag you!
                      Biz, however bad things are going, keep posting here. All is forgiven, hon. You don't have to be perfedct, just wanting to be better. I'm so sorry you've been going so much, but you CAN get better, and one day be happy.
                      Off to my day. Gonna be another crazy one, I'm sure!
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Good morning, all...
                        Rog, I'm sorry that your truck bit the dust. Hope it's not going to be a costly fix.:h

Thinking of you, mama...:l

Sun, I'm glad that you're having a good time with your mum...:h

Rubes, hubs is going to have to build a skwerl-proof structure around his plants! :H

Here I was worried about exterior house damage from last night's storms...the interior is what has suffered in my absence. Mrs. Fen let the place go to heck in a handbag while I was away! Going to take a bit to get things back in order.

Comment

When you wake up to find you’ve been given an entire day, the world and all its possibilities, complete with sunshine, love, and hope -
                          The best first response would be “Thank you.“

What you nurture is what you grow.

Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed.
                          Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

“You think I don’t have culture just because I’m from down in Georgia. Believe me, we’ve got culture there. We’ve always had sushi. We just called it bait.”
                          sigpic

Comment

Fen, I think Mrs. Fen was pouting about being left alone!! You can make it up, I'm sure!
                            As far as a skwerl-proof structure, sorry. Too much work, when he's gotten fed up! I hope the little buggers are fast, because it's now 'The Garden Wars'!
                            sigpic

Comment

Rubes, that gives a whole other meaning to "fast food"! I hope those little critters keep on their toes.

Comment

My cat (the "needy" cat) is UBER needy today. I can't even pee in peace. Locked her out of the bathroom and there she was, my whiny little sentry waiting for me on the other side of the door. She's been on my lap every waking moment! :H

Comment

Working...
                                X