Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for june

Good morning, folks!

Hope you're all doing well...at least as well as one can be on Monday!

Comment

Good luck Rog with your job!!! You will do fine I know you will!!

Bird - that is awesome that you are going to visit Ruby - have a wonderful time....

Fen - drive carefully - see you tonight.....

Hill - glad that got got the fence-posts in and cemented - that is the hard part of getting a fence in!

Judie - hope you are doing well - you sound it - no time to chat with everyone else - got to get going.

I am off to the meeting at work - back later.

Hugs to all,

sun XX
      How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Hi All!

Bird and Ruby, that is so great that you are going to have a visit at your cabin! Wish I could get down there...the pics are so lovely. Never been to Georgia in the summer...have been to HotLanta a few times on business and somewhere outside of Atlanta to visit an account but good Lordy I can't remember the town name. It was pretty countryside though. Quite a drive from Atlanta. Will have to look it up and see if you all know the area. One thing I remember seeing that we are not acustomed to in New England is all the dead armadillos on the highway!

RC-that is so cool that you own a vitamin store! I used to own a gift shop a few years back and had 2 running at one point in neighboring towns. Then I got drained from the bad economy and the fact that the winters here don't give much business for independant retailers, at least in my town. I am glad I did it though as I always wanted my own business and the experience was wonderful, despite leaving hubby and I broke and bankrupt! :upset: Now I am the manager for a decent sized health food store which carries everything from organic produce, dairy, grocery, prepared foods, healthy home goods and a large selection of supplements, ranging from homeopathy, herbs and vitamins. Our biggest lines are Rainbow Light, New Chapter, Country Life, Source Naturals, Planetary Herbals, HerbaPharm, Boiron, Gaia Herbs, Nordic Naturals, Barlen's geez...the list goes on and on. I have been fortunate to get to attend Expo East in Boston in the fall but I believe it is moving to Maryland this year and so I probably won't get to go. I have worked there for about 3 years come this summer. The owner is an herbalist and I have learned so much from her. I am interested in taking Rosemary Gladstar's online herb course when I can get the extra $$ to pay for it as it is a few hundred dollars as herbalism is my area of interest amongst the other natural therapies. Anyway, I am happy to have some common ground in the professional field with someone and of course, common ground in what brought us to MWO in the first place

TLRGS, I am enjoying my strong COFFEE COFFEE too! I brew an organic blend called "Blend X, Witches Brew" by Jim's Organic Coffee...it's the strongest brew I have ever tried and makes everything else seem like dishwater in comparison. We're talkin' stronger than a strong french roast. Hmmmmmmm!

Hi to Sunshine, Vicky, Hill, Fen, Barbara and all. Hope you have a great Monday! 12 days for me AF!:h
        Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
        :h

Comment

Among the other things I have accomplished this morning, I spoke with the Sheriff in the county where a tenant is denying me access to the property (with at least 24-hour, written notice; also specified in the lease) and he told me I was right (YAY!) and will send a deputy to accompany me. I feel vindicated. Have already done the other letter, with copies of the lease showing she signed off on it, and giving her till Thursday 5:00 PM to to comply. I HATE using law enforcement like this, as I told Sheriff, but I watch my butt 50 ways from Sunday, while renters try to walk all over me, talk to me like a dog. It comes out in the wash, and I always win in court. Told them this in the beginning.
          Have a new AC delivery schedule, garden picked, meds ordered, started house cleaning. Having a much better day than yesterday.
          Keep your heads up, everyone.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Fennel, can you ever please forgive me for missing your birthday? I am so very sorry, sweetheart! I have been so busy with gardening this weekend, I have not even been on line. I hope you had a very
            HAPPY BIRTHDAY, FENNEL!
            Here is a special birthday cake for you from all of us! WE LOVE YOU!

I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
            but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

YAY Vick!
              I knew you'd come through with some cake. Dig in, everybody!

Comment

Fen, thanks for your forgiveness! I really do feel bad! Ruby, I feel so bad for you. I know how very much you wanted to get together at your beautiful cabin! I wish we could all come! So happy that Bird and her little ducklings get to go! MB, I love your prayer idea. I KNOW that God answers prayers, sometimes not the way we want, but always what is best for us! RC, I love the message bible and the psalms are words to live by! Sunni, I am so glad you are enjoying your Mom and I'm sure she is having a wonderful time with all the family! Beautiful memories you will always cherish! Blonde, I love salads, too, and eat them everyday! I would be a vegetariun if it wasn't for hubs. He's a meat and potatoe guy, and BEER, of course! I used to make the best upside down pineapple cakes! Funny how I don't cook much anymore, now that it is just me and hubs. He usually want eat anything once he starts on his beer around 3:00 everyday! UGH! Mish, it is so good to hear from you, but I am so very sorry about your pet. I know you must be heart broken! Ruby, you are much more patient than I with all those swimmers! Roger, I am praying your part time job becomes full time! Tony, that beach scene made me so lonesome for the ocean! My brother has a condo in Destin, FL, 2 hours away, but this garden keeps us home during the summer! I have a friend who has a lab that is freaking out over the thunderstorms we have been having. What did ya'll recommend for that? She wants to give her a tylenol pm and I said NO! I was afraid that would kill her. Any advice? Well, back to work for me. I love all of you so much! PLEASE everyone pray for Grateful. She is going through a rough time! Love ya, Vicki
                I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,

Comment

Fen is eating ALL the cake! Should I make more?

This is just the cutest pic of Fen with her little birthday hat on and dang, that cake looks good!

Comment

(Burp!)...Oops, sorry folks. Got carried away with the cake. Everybody grab a piece before I finish it off! :H

Comment

I missed the whole dang cake! No surprise, given what I've been through lately with Fens relatives!
                      Vick, NO! is right. Giving dogs, or any animals, human things can be deadly. Especially Tylenol, since it's come under fire for it's effects on the liver. If she cares for her pet, she will consult a vet. My best advice; put on a tight shirt when there's a storm in the area. Can't hurt, at least.
                      My brother has a house in PCB, but I've never been invited, though I've had them at the cabin a few times. Oh, well. I can pay my way, but I have lots of friends who invite me to the beach, and I don't like the party/drinking scene in PCB anyway. Not a real loss for me, just a bit of a pain in my heart, since I won't go along with his ideas. We own land jointly, and think I'll turn it over to son, so he can deal with my bro, not me, since Hubs had to do most of the upkeep. Brother wants me to 'swap' jointly owned land with him, and the other prop is just off a big bypass in another county, so THAT ain't helping!! Sorry, I'll just sit on it, and it drives him NUTZ!! :H Son will love owning the land, and Hubs can take a break.
                      sigpic
                      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

well this is how my day started .. waiting for this guy to show up 40 minutes late .. tell me to be there at 8 .. so I'm there at 745.. just so i could be on time ..so he finally got there .. and well my pay was i thought already set on phone last week .. so as the day goes on we are working good together and well the subject comes up again about the pay and he just say well i cant afford to pay you what you are asking and what we agree to ... and now I'm acting calm saying to myself not this bullshit again and going thur my head i need this work i need this work.. so i ask ok how much are we talking now ... so now I'm taking 13.50 an rather then 17 what we first agree on ... so how am i suppose to trust this person .. when i really need a job and money coming in ... well that was my day .. don't know what i did to deserve this shit that im going thur
                        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Hey RC and Blonde - I am finishing up my first supplements from MWO - I have a question (or two) for you in the business.
                          what is best to maintain AF on. I used Lglut, Kudzu rescue, omega and milk thistle along with a multi vit.
                          i am tryin the all one powder - but really struggling with taking the powder and find more excuses not to take than doing it.
                          I think I would like to continue with liver health so Kudzu or Milk thistle????
                          what else should I do - I have to make wise choices as i continue to fight the IRS so money is very tight, but I do wish to protect my health.
                          and then of what I should take, do i order from MWO our are there good supplements to be bought locally?
                          looking forward to what you say.

on another matter tlrgs - this is very worrying - it is wrong to have been given an offer and then have a different discussion about pay afterwards - did you get anything in writing? I would be very concerned - this is not good HR practice at all - and would not be legal in california...
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

hi peeps....
                            HAPPY BURFDAY FURRY ONE!!
                            I am by myself at work all week as Vickie (my asst) is training
                            I will check in when I can, but I have some 12 hour days ahead.....
                            don't worry I am fine
                            I love you all
                            Jan
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hey Jammers--they say we chose our paths before we are born--I just want to know--what the HELL was I thinking??? Rog I don't get our never ending trials either. I'm about 2 appointments away from the big bad B avenue. You know it sucks that you were promised 17 but I would grab the 13.5 and laugh right about now. Of course you know what you need.
                              Blonde you've named some great companies there. I got my Chartered Herbalist Cert. from Dominion Herbal College in BC in2001.(Correspondence) It's the 2nd oldest in NA can't remember the name of the oldest in the US. I love that God has given us so many natural remedies. My grandmother had friends that called her medicine woman and some of mine called me witch doctor. We had a good chuckle once about that. She lived almost half way across the country but I guess I got the genes.
                              Scottish Lass--I've heard the all in one is pretty comprehensive but if you can't get it down that's not going to serve you well. I sometimes add some ascorbic acid powder(pure vit C)to other powders to zip it up and make it more palletable. I like tangy though. What you're taking otherwise should cover your bases though. Kudzu is more to curb cravings and you are right to use the one from here as it needs to be a particular strength to be effective. Although keeping your liver happy with a milk thistle, NAC and dandelion combo should help with cravings too. Glutamine works two ways, it heals the digestive tract which is probably compromised from al abuse and it reduces cravings via the neurosystem. It is helps maintain muscle mass too. Be interested to hear your input too Blonde.
                              Vicki--those remedies mentioned were Bach Rescue Remedy--apparently there is a specific one for dogs but you can use the ones for people too--no harm when you adjust the dosage for weight. Also the homeopathic ignatia is used to calm dogs and dog trainers alike.
                              Hope that helps and wishing all a good night! Drive safe Fen and give Sun a hug for me please.
                              OO Bird nice road trip to Ruby's -- wish I could come and hear you play. Maybe even bang a bongo...
                              xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Hey Mama--take care sweet sister. xo

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Working...
                                X