The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Monday morning everyone. Monday, uck. Oh well, c'est la vie. I had a nice Fathers Day, got most of my chores done. Had a good visit with my Dad and my wife's Dad. I had a great weekend overall, lots of time with my kids, un-diluted time. I have a baseball game tonight, should be a good one. Our team is fighting to stay in the top division.

Biz, I have heard good things from some people about that book, I hope that it is helpful for you.
    Sun, yes it is busy, but awesome.

Take care everyone,
    Hill
    Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Sounds like you had a great weekend, Hill!

Good morning to all the jammers...hope you have a good Monday! I have to take mum to another appointment and get her internet straightened out...wish me luck, everybody. Nothing more annoying than having a computer generated voice walking me through all the steps I've already taken (twice!) before I can actually speak with a human being.

Comment

Good Morning Hill, and Fen!

Great that you had a good day yesterday Hill - good luck with the baseball tonight - knock them out of the park!!

Fen - I know what you mean about the computer generated voice - what happens if you just keep pressing zero? I tried that once and all of a sudden I had a REAL LIVE person! good luck with your moms appointment.

Good morning to everyone else when they get here - I am off to the Monday Morning Meeting!

back later,

Hugs, sun X
        How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Sun...I'll give it a try! :h

Comment

Morning Jammers' ! Need a cup ? Ha! New day......new way ! Get it in gear ! Tony
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Fen, it also works often if you just start yelling REPRESENTATIVE! Voice messaging info is totally usless, and just pisses off the customer! I also refuse to speak to anyone whose accent I can't understand.
              Well, of course I knew it was time for something else bizarre to happen here. Hubs was away last night, and in-laws are home. I finally closed my doors abou 11 PM, watched some TV before falling asleep. Dogs were in, and I've never been frightened when alone. This morning, 8 AM, MIL calls to ask why there was a car over at our shop at midnight last night. WTF!! She heard it, then watched it leave. Didn't call me (though she has 3 times already today) but I'm dang put out by the whole thing. If she'd called then, I could have called 911, then blocked the drive out. No, I would keep myself from confronting them alone, or turning TMB on them, but I could have done SOMETHING! We can't tell anything is missing, but they were up to no good. MIL said 'I started to shoot up there', but she didn't even wake FIL. This is my life, what passes for normal. :H
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

good morning .. hope everyone has a great monday ..
                ruby now dont go hunting young lady .. stay safe and keeep the gun loaded .. but call 911 if it happens again..
                well im just having my first cup of strong coffeeeeeeeeeee.. .. gota get things going yesterday was a great fathrer day for me .. kids came over and had dinner and luke staying for the week .. but we had some bad news sue sister fil had pass away ... may he rest in peace ...well not sure how things are going to work out this week .. but im crossing my fingers for luck .. well lets all have a great monday enjoy stay strong and keep shifting forward and thinking positive :h:l:h:l
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

good Morning Jambers Thanks Fenel yes the book helps a lot!!!! I am a slow reader but I am almost done the book 6 more chapters to go and I am learning the AH is poision that does abslotly nothing for me but kill me. Hillsidetime if you have not read it it is worth the read. Sunshine daisy turned me onto it a while age but I never did anything about it untill my life was headed toward the bottom. Not wanting to be a bottomer feeder and having a wonderful wife and two kids she inppired me to do somthing about it. Sunshine is an amazing prson just like all of hu here. My new Momitment to MWO.
                  I Michael will post somthing each and every day to be sober and stay that way as well as to reach out to others and help in any way I can. Enjoy the day everyone Rog sorry to hear about your loss call me when you feel like it. good luck and be gooe my friend.

Comment

Sorry for your significant others sister passed away Rodger ! Be praying for her.....and all family and loved ones.....Tony
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Rog, my condolences to the family. Had my day so carefully planned ------- HA!
                      Off to pick up grands (son is on his way to Nashville for a conference, couldn't get them to answer the phone) MIL is still like a cat on a hot tin roof over last night, watching my every move; have legal papers to file but doesn't look good for today; Hubs won't leave his conference till 4 PM tonight, then drive home. I didn't tell him yet about last night, don't want to upset him when he can't do anything. Time enough when he gets home. Rog, you KNOW what I'd WANT to do, but I could safely block them in, at least, and get back to the house just fine. I wouldn't go alone, you know. I HATE theives!!!
                      Biz, keep plugging away, man, and get back to that fine, wonderful guy you are. You are stronger than this, but it strikes us when we're weakest, or let our guard down.
                      Tone, beautiful picture for Rog. You are a (twisted) sweetie.
                      Fen, take care of momma. It runs us ragged for a while, but these will be special memories someday. I greive for those elderly who are struggling on their own out there, and believe any abuse of our weakest is one of the greatest sins.
                      Off to pick up the termites. Hmm, wonder what's in my fridge for them to nosh on. GRRR to their 'mother'. She ain't no MOMMA!
                      sigpic
                      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Rog, sorry to hear about Sue's sister's FIL. It's always hard when someone we love loses a family member, so be sure to give Sue all the support she needs to be there for her sister, as I'm sure you will.
                        Everyone else, have a great day and hang in there. Biz, your determination will stand you in good stead.
                        :h Mish :h
                        sigpic
                        Never give up...
                        GET UP!!!

AF since 25th November, 2011

What might have been is an abstraction
                        Remaining a perpetual possibility
                        Only in a world of speculation.
                        What might have been and what has been
                        Point to one end, which is always present. T.S. Eliot

Comment

Hay Rog I know it is hard and we all are praying for you and your family but come on buddy you can pick yourself up and get going you have always been the back bone of this thread and a personl insperation to me. Be good my good friend. See you guys in the morning!!!!

Comment

Sorry about Sue's sister's FIL, Rog. :h

Well, mom's modem is fried. Ordered her a new one. Sun's tip to press "(0) worked wonderfully! The voice was attempting to direct me to a trouble shooting website- when I didn't have online access! It boggles the mind...

Her appointment went very well, although we were stuck there for a looonnnnggg time...

Comment

Gosh, I'm again worrying this great thread. The people who post are fabulous, but there is so little said by so many. And ( not fussing, guys!) what is posted is so quick and not inviting an answer.
                              We have had so many join, be revved up by their welcome, to never hear again. I DO realize how busy we all are, (LORDY, try my days!!) but if you take time to just check in on all your other sites, remember how valuable you, and your days, experiences are to keeping this one alive.
                              We can't call on T to be the everything for everyone. He's dug in as deep as you guys are. Honestly, I used to spend so much time here till I felt I was in a big ole' Elk Hall, trying to dance alone.
                              I hope I haven't PO'd you. Trying to resurrect, maybe save this thread. There is no expection for you joining, but try to believe it's SO important to others when you just take 5 minutes and talk. Those other sites are important, but I LOVE the members here.
                              OK, is that clear as mud? I have very little time, but I give the MOST to this place. Let's all rethink it, OK?
                              So good to hear from everyone I've been missing today.
                              BigMouth
                              sigpic

Comment

:crap:I almost drank this weekend! :upset:

Today I am 30 days AF, and I had the worst experience/feeling over the weekend and I came within an inch of my life of buying either a bottle of wine or vodka. What the hell is wrong with me???

I went to Phx. for fathers day, and after visiting my dad, went to spend the evening at my sister's house. It was a gorgeous evening and a wonderful day with family. I thought it would be fun to sit outside with sis and have a few glasses of wine. I went into the grocery store for a few things and found myself looking at the liquor dept. like an idiot. Just standing there looking at all the bottles of wine.
                                The thought of the taste of AL made me almost sick to my stomach, and I walked out of the store. This terrifies me to be that close to doing it!
                                As I was driving home at 5 am. this morning I thought how beautiful the morning was and how great I felt not to be hungover which is exactly what I would have been if I drank last night. I know I would have drank the whole bottle of whatever I had bought.
                                Why are the cravings so strong when I am away from home? Am I always going to be terrified to go to social functions??????
                                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                                choose the GOOD
                                ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Working...
                                X