The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thankyou one and all .. everyone is holding together ... again thankx for all your prayer and good thoughts .. t
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Barb, remember this one thing: If it's not helping you, in fact if it's going to hurt you, stay away from it. I don't know what you've told them, but if their get-to-gethers harm you, skip them. There are a lot of hard decisions to make. Can you not tell your family what you're going through? Or, if like in many cases, you're encouraged to have 'just one', stay away. Make your own calendar. Go visit in the morning, let them know you're there for a visit, not entertaining. PM me, if you want, and I'll give you some more things I've learned over time (and may scare you straight!!) :H
      Glad you held on. So many couldn't have.
      Rubes
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Barbara1234;1134079 wrote: :crap:I almost drank this weekend! :upset:

Today I am 30 days AF, and I had the worst experience/feeling over the weekend and I came within an inch of my life of buying either a bottle of wine or vodka. What the hell is wrong with me???

I went to Phx. for fathers day, and after visiting my dad, went to spend the evening at my sister's house. It was a gorgeous evening and a wonderful day with family. I thought it would be fun to sit outside with sis and have a few glasses of wine. I went into the grocery store for a few things and found myself looking at the liquor dept. like an idiot. Just standing there looking at all the bottles of wine.
        The thought of the taste of AL made me almost sick to my stomach, and I walked out of the store. This terrifies me to be that close to doing it!
        As I was driving home at 5 am. this morning I thought how beautiful the morning was and how great I felt not to be hungover which is exactly what I would have been if I drank last night. I know I would have drank the whole bottle of whatever I had bought.
        Why are the cravings so strong when I am away from home? Am I always going to be terrified to go to social functions??????
        nicely done and as for the craving and the get togethers ..its all in your hands as you act and feel .. but in time it does get easier.. the mind games can be hell at times but just know they are just mind games .. and knowing whats best for you is the key .. so keep up the great job and keep your guard up for as long as you need

Comment

Barbara1234 good for you however think about reading Allen Cars book I am almost done and it promises that you will never have a craving or cave in. I am not on the same plane as you but I am very hopeful that his book will cure me of any cravings and be able to walk away for ever with no side effects. If you want I will send it to you after I complete it. or you can bur it for about 18 dollars is is called " the Easy way to quit drinking" Just let me know otherwise keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!

Comment

HI Peeps...
            hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day...we were at the lake all day..it was nice. Bought Pop and Bret some goumet chocolate popcorn...poor Pop...his hands are shaking worse and he is drooling, but believe me, his brain and sense of humor are THERE!!
            Good to see everyone...I am pooped as usual....my new maintenance director started today and it took 3 hours to go through all the corporate new hire paperwork...jeesh...
            Rubes....just sic TMB on intruders...that would scare the pee out of me
            Fen,,,you are such a good daughter
            Hey Biz....I am proud of you

Kisses to my sister Sunni and sweet Roger...thanks for the IRS jokes Rubes...those damn bloodsuckers!!!
            Yak at ya'll tomorrow...I love you all and I am here for you...Good job BArbara.......be strong.....those cravings are KILLER
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hiya Sweet Mishy!!
              Sorry for your loss Rog and Sue
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Mama, I'm glad that Father's day was a success! Hope you're doing well. :l Sounds like work is crazy busy for you these days!

Comment

Thanks tlrgs, ruby, bizman and mama,

I definitely understand what you are saying. As for telling anyone in my family, no I have not told them. I'm not ready. More than anything, I am pissed at myself for entertaining the thoughts as long as I did. No one pressured me. I conjured up the visualization of sipping wine with sis on my own.
                  I didn't think the craving would be so strong after 30 days. I barely thought about AL for the last few weeks! This was a mental and physical craving. It was like this :teeter: for an hour!
                  THOUGHTS become THINGS
                  choose the GOOD
                  ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Hi all
                    10 minutes till bedtime and I cant wait...been a long day and just got home a few minutes ago. Well busy all week. I know how that goes with the cravings barb. Sometimes I will go a very long time and kinda forget all about drinking then suddenly there it is. Am having good luck with the hypno cds though. That is also how I quit smoking. Gotta hit the hay......b

Comment

bizman;1134108 wrote: Barbara1234 good for you however think about reading Allen Cars book I am almost done and it promises that you will never have a craving or cave in. I am not on the same plane as you but I am very hopeful that his book will cure me of any cravings and be able to walk away for ever with no side effects. If you want I will send it to you after I complete it. or you can bur it for about 18 dollars is is called " the Easy way to quit drinking" Just let me know otherwise keep up the GREAT WORK!!!!
                      hey there biz and really everyone .. i just want to set the record straight in this battle ageist AL .. there is no easy cure .. books and what you hear from others are just tools and at the end of the day its all in your hands .. how you want to live your life and handle things that may go wrong in life ..
                      and yes i can tell you life at the moment really does fucking suck .. maybe its me or maybe its just the way I'm doing things .. i really don't know anymore ..all i can say is that i choose not to drink and yes even tho it would maybe make me sleep good for a moment but it doesn't help in the long run of things ..
                      i have try last week to go and work for a company and yes it didn't workout .. and I'm finding myself regretting quiting it and i guess its just because nothing has come in and my truck is still in the shop and everything seems to be going down hill and maybe I'm feeling sorry for myself or has too much prided not to look the other way ..
                      but back to the point of why I'm posting in order to make a difference in this AL battle you have to use everything that around you and come up with a plan and stick to what works for you and only you .. you can read all the book you want to and get all the hints that have might have work for another .. just remember its all in your hands at the end of the day and also coming here and venting talking about things that are on your mind will help you find your way out all we need are friends ..
                      love and big hugs one and all

Comment

Big hugs T.:l
                        Long day another sauna booking and decent sales. I'm feeling hopeful that it just might work. Sweet dreams. xo
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Good morning everyone, I hope you are well.

Fen, I am right there with you in regards to computer frustrations and no humans to help, how frustrating ! I hope you got things figured out for your mom.
                          Tony, I love the everflowing coffee pot, I want one.
                          Sunshine, I hope you had a nice day. My game didn't go so well, we didn't play great. Oh well, you can't win em all. I made a nice play in the field.
                          Ruby, never a dull moment for you. I hope the mean guys didn't take anything. You just stay safe if ever they come back, ok?
                          Roger, I am glad that you had a nice fathers day. Sorry to hear about Sue's sister.
                          Bizman, keep on reading, and keep on adding those sober days together, you can do it.

Barbara, cravings, and urges, are difficult to explain, or understand sometimes. The human mind is still a mystery to us in a lot of ways. You should be proud that you made it through the weekend. Congratulations on your 30 days. PM me if you want to talk more about urge surfing, it really helped me. The social outings, as a sober person, is something that took me a while to get used to. Now it is fine, regardless of the situation, but not in the early months. Let me know if you would like to talk further about this.

Take care friends,
                          Hill
                          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

[I] Morning Jammers ! Hi Hillside......sit back with another cup of jobe..... Ha! Everyone get your arse in gear ! Tony ][ /I]
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

good morning jambers looks like rain here in Pa. Rog you are probibly riight how ever it can't hurt to read the book He says it is all mental not in your hands. as for quiting that job you did that for a reason deep inside of you. don't let it get you down it is not you it had to be the job cause you are a very special person, strong willed and a fighter so hang in there good friend and things will work out. There is good luck comming your way. MB have not heart from you in long time hope all is well. Fennel love you squirl it is the coolest. Well got to go to the eye DR. going to get contacts again and become the new me. Somthing different. Have a great day everyone

Comment

Good morning, folks. They're predicting storms here today...means the cabin will be transformed into a big mud hole. Going out there on Thursday to paint.

I hope everybody has a great Tuesday- keep jammin'!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X