The Journey begins here so get YOUR ASSES IN GEAR!!!! for june

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is what Bird was walking over.......

sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

OMG....I remember the Gorge as a little girl....it is gorgeous. Glad you two sillies made it home safe.
      Sunni, love, what did that awful, mean, nasty person say that bummed you out???Don't make me come up there...
      still have not caught the bastard, but quieter day...so tired and gonna flop
      I love you all and please be strong.
      Hugs Swannie....hang in there ok???
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Hello everyone! Grabbing a couple of minutes to post. Don't know if I'll be back later or not. Kiddos are doing well. They were bored today. :H Poor hubby is home with them all day so he had to deal with the bickering.
        Loved the pics (and laughed so hard at the Hiawatha comment :H).
        Going to try to read the posts & will be back if I can.
        Take care everyone.

PS - Swannie - hang in there sweetie. :l
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

WOW Ruby,

You live in a paradise, that's for sure! I am sooo jealous! Beautiful pics. indeedy deed.....
          THOUGHTS become THINGS
          choose the GOOD
          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

First chance to really have some 'me' time, still haven't uploaded pics tho. I thoroughly enjoyed Bird and chicks! (except for that pic of me!!!) She put up her tent, and was up at the crack of dark roaming the property, which I loved, while I was on the seek and destroy mission for the killer wasps we had on the porches. Having to leave earlier than she planned was a bummer, and I didn't float with them, but saw them off, and her pic in the tubes is beautiful. Bird, did you all have a good time doing that? They don't eat anything, or talk much, but I made up for it with inane chatter. It takes weeks to really cover all the fun things in the area, and we didn't really have but 2 nights and one FULL day, but we packed a lot in. After the 148 degree, uphill both ways, Tallulah Gorge hike (I sat out most of it!) we went back to the cabin, ate, rested a minute, then went down to the bridge and Bird swam in the VERY cold mountain stream while I sat on a big rock and tortured a massive alligator gar and a snake! :H We had some good chats, I'm still sore from my bit of exertion, but I'm hoping they'll come back and stay longer. Bird, thanks for the sweet messages in the guest book from you and the girls. They are SO beautiful and sweet.
            Fen, your name was brought up when we talked about all the great hiking in the area, which I can't always do. You and Bird would be burning up the trails!
            Nora, I know you're having a blast with those kids. It's SO good having you back more. We miss you terribly when you're away.
            Speaking of missing, Grateful, love, where is yo sweet self? I hope you're OK, but we really want to hear from you.
            Swanny, it's great to see you back, regardless of what happened along the way. I think my e-mail is fixed now, and I promise to make a point of returning your message soon, OK sweetie? Don't stay away so long, and you're NOT prickly, you just have a lot of defenses you've built around yourself. I'll post you some more pics tomorrow, OK?
            RC, HIAWATHA!?!?! I thought I looked more like an exhausted Pocahontas!! :H
            Melissa, it's so good to have you really participating, feeling and being a part of this group. It's the people here who make it great, and this is a loving, accepting, understanding bunch. There's no place like this place but this place, right?
            Sun, working hard, I see. How does your garden grow?
            SOS, I'm happy to get a wrong number call from your sweet voice any time, love. I told Hubs when he asked who was on the phone the last time it was someone every bit as crazy as me! :H
            SL, I'm glad you are here, and you enjoy reading the posts. Now, make some more of your own here, OK?
            Biz, I'm so glad you took my original '5 things' post and ran with it. Think of all the things we come up with, wonder about, that would help us get out our feelings and worries.
            T, glad the truck will live. I certainly understand wondering how to pay for the costly problems that come up unexpectedly. Have a bunch myself right now.
            Barb, yes, it feels like paradise to me there. I've always been in love with the beauty of the mountains, the wildness of the National Forest, the cool misty feeling of being near a roaring stream or waterfall.
            Hill, you must be a heck of a ball player! Doesn't it feel good to live in a body that is sober and getting stronger instead of suffering the effects of AL?
            Tony, we need to see new pics of Ace and you new pup (forgot it's name!) Soon, please!
            MB, as tough as we try to be, we cannot become calloused in our hearts to what you went through. It DOES affect us, and it should. We need to outraged, horrified, and vigilant, as well as doing what we can to make this kind of crime much harder to get away with, or to be sure the punishment if as sev ere as possible. And what you did was lovely - painting the young woman as a happy, smiling human being. People need to know that any violence is a blight in God's face.
            To everyone I missed, and I know I did, I'm sorry. The drive home today was horrible, 3 separate traffic jams, so the trip took and hour longer than usual. Then, when we went to check on the house for the eviction, we found tremendous damage. I've suppressed my anger; will instead make it my mission to pursue the people, to be their worst nightmare, whether I collect or not. As the Judge told me, 'get a judgement. They may not have any money now, but they may someday!' And to do what they did, and leave such filth, they need to know it's NOT OK! Oh, and there's a whole litter of about 10 week old kittens there now. Don't know what to do with them, as we can't have one here.
            Good night all. I missed you, but Bird and I enjoyed our Meet Up a lot. Bird, we'll do it again soon, girl, and THANK YOU for the blueberries!! Hope Pouncer weathered your absence OK.
            sigpic
            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby, Yes, I would love to burn up a trail with you and Bird! I love straight up-hill hiking! You two are so lovely...and that gorge was awesome.

Comment

Did this come up any bigger? I am so jealous of Bird's complexion. It's peaches and cream!!
                sigpic

Comment

Rubes, the two of you are a couple of hot babes!

Comment

Hi all
                    Rubes clean out your pm box. Holly forgot her coat and wants you to mail it. She bought it herself....crazy busy here again but at least I'm off work this week. Glad you all liked the pics, well my Dad used to read Hiawatha to me when I was little. Gotta do homework and get my kid up for marching band camp...later

Comment

Good morning to all of you,

Rubes and Bird, you both look so good and Gosh... what a wonderful place! I envy you!

Hi Ringing, yeah you were right that I could post anything and not be embarassed or ashamed. Thank you sweetie. Thank you so much. Haven't had the time to post Chapter 2, too hectic and lots of problems at work, but I'm planning on doing so this weekend.

Hi there Fen, keep me encouraged.

Hey Sunshine, I'm hanging in there. Trying, trying, trying....

Hi Hills, goodmorning and lots of hugs to you.

Sweet Nora, how are you? Love ya.:l

Rog, thank you for inspiring me. I'm looking forward to your input after you read my story.

Tony, I laughed so hard when I saw the little "rasta" dog...!! :H

Love you guys,
                      Effie

Comment

Goodmorning everyone. I was just about done my post, with thoughts for many of you, and my computer bumped me out for automatic updates. WTF. That is frustrating. I have to go to work now
                        The great news is that today is my last day of work before my vacation, wahoooo.

Take care all,
                        Hill
                        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Good morning Michael,
                          How's the job searching going?? I wish you all the best my friend.
                          I have already started writing chapter 2 and will finish it on the weekend.

Hey Vicki, wish you have a wonderful day hon!

Love to all,
                          Effie

Comment

Good Morning Hill, and Melissa- Hill, that is SO frustrating - you would think they might warn you when they were about to do that!! Anyway, so pleased you have holiday coming - are you just staying at home? I like that type of hol to be honest....

Effie - you do sound so full of beans today! So nice to hear - we all look forward to reading your chapter two.... and are all here for you as you know.

Ruby and Bird - I loved the pics and it sounded as if you all had a grand time - how wonderful for you Bird and the children! Can't believe you swam in the cold water though!!

I have to get going for work - a bit rushed this morning - love and hugs to all, back later

Love, Sun XX
                            How simple it is to see that we can only be happy now and there will never be a time when it is not now....

Comment

Bird, I didn't see her coat/jacket, but I wasn't looking, so I'll clean out PM's, and and you message me. Was it the black knit hoodie? I'm not exactly sure when I'll go back, but will send it right away. I LOVE the pic of you on the bridge. Please post the one here (that you put on FB) of you and the girls tubing. You didn't say - did ya'll enjoy it? It's a really good picture!
                              I'm sure I build up, romanticize my little cabin when I talk about it, because I love it so much, but I hope those I'm privileged enough to have visit me aren't disappointed, and feel even a bit of the soul restorative I get from just seeing the Valley for the first time, and sitting on the deck listening to the water. The cabin was a decades-long dream, and the dream always including having people there I cared about, sharing both Hub's and my hard work as well as blessings. My secret insecurity: That I won't meet my guest's expectations, give them the experience I want them to have, fail in some way to be the best hostess I should be. Like I told Bird, from Clint Eastwood's famous quote 'A man's got to know his limitations,' I've learned to pace myself, take the rests I need, follow my docs' annoying instructions, work slowly on building up my strength, and (YES, T!) eat and take my meds. As I told Bird, I know it's a head thing, but when I look at myself I see old and fat, and every other fault, so that's MY problem to deal with too.
                              Anyway, lots of work to catch up on. Himself has already been out to buy a stove for a rental (I'm so proud he's finally learned from me NOT to settle for the retail price!! :H) but now I'm gonna start going after the horrible tenant, getting the other house ready, cleaning up paperwork. Ahhh, so much for a resting vacation!
                              (PS: Bird, hope the gig is a smash and lucrative!!)
                              sigpic

Comment

good morning one and all .. well its the last day of the months and time to move on to july with a blast ..so keep your eyes out for the new thread and i know ill see everyone there .. ..
                                love and big hugs have an awesome day ...
                                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
                                X