An Abusive Partner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Abusive Partner

My abusive partner is (AL). This is how I am looking at my situation. I have been in this relationship on and off for the last 20 years. He has abused me physically, mentally and spiritually. We have broken up countless times only to get back together and end up on the same destructive path. He has made me want to give up all my friends and become his only. He is so jealous and possessive.

If I spend a whole day with him he makes me feel sad, guilty, ashamed, remorse, sick, crazy in my head, panic attacks, useless he takes away everything that I thought I was. He even got me to believe that I could not go anywhere or do anything without him..go on a picnic,go out to lunch, dinner, have a friend over, going to a party, cooking in the kitchen, reading a book, gardening, watching TV etc etc...The only place he could not control me was at work but he was still always on my mind will he be there when I come home? Should I see him? Maybe for just a bit he will make me feel better Because I felt sick all day at work.

So six days ago he nearly took the one thing that I love away from me and so I have ended this abusive addictive relationship for the last time.

I know deep down in my being that all I have to do is ring him and he will be back like that!! In a split second.

I love him. I love the feeling he gives to me when I think he is being nice. But I know if I call him this will be the last time for me no more second chances for this relationship. He will take everything away from me this time, my home, my job, my 3 dogs, my family, my friends, my sanity, my life. It would be a long slow death. But I am fighting with all my soul and I know this time around he is not coming back into my life ever ever again.

They say time is the healer and I know with each passing day it will be easier. Already into my 6th day without this relationship and I feel I am coming back into being me without him.

An Abusive Partner

What an awesome post, Mia. I am so happy for you that you are on your sixth day AF. Day six is the most I have done ever. I am committing to be AF for the month of June (and possibly beyond) starting today and you are an inspiration to me lately as I have been following your triumphant journey.

Keep it up. I hope to be where you are this time next week.

Tips
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

An Abusive Partner

One of the best posts I have read! Thanks!

Comment

An Abusive Partner

wowzer,
        Your post has made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. That is one of the most powerful posts I have read. I 'missed' the link to AL on first reading, and read through thinking what the chuffing hell are you doing in such an ****ing abusive relationship, why have you not kicked 'him' into touch, not caled some one for help.....................

Then OMG the penny dropped, OMG, I have goose bumps still. We would NEVER EVER put up with that level of abuse and control from a so called loved one.

Good luck in being out of such an awful abusive relationship. You post has really, really hit a nerve running quite deep in my little fried brain.

Thank you
        Aut
        I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

An Abusive Partner

Love this.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

An Abusive Partner

Great post mia.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

An Abusive Partner

Thanks Mario! Day 8 AL free for me tomorrow I am starting to feel like me again!!

Comment

An Abusive Partner

:goodjob:

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

An Abusive Partner

Mia;1123902 wrote: My abusive partner is (AL). This is how I am looking at my situation. I have been in this relationship on and off for the last 20 years. He has abused me physically, mentally and spiritually. We have broken up countless times only to get back together and end up on the same destructive path. He has made me want to give up all my friends and become his only. He is so jealous and possessive.

If I spend a whole day with him he makes me feel sad, guilty, ashamed, remorse, sick, crazy in my head, panic attacks, useless he takes away everything that I thought I was. He even got me to believe that I could not go anywhere or do anything without him..go on a picnic,go out to lunch, dinner, have a friend over, going to a party, cooking in the kitchen, reading a book, gardening, watching TV etc etc...The only place he could not control me was at work but he was still always on my mind will he be there when I come home? Should I see him? Maybe for just a bit he will make me feel better Because I felt sick all day at work.

So six days ago he nearly took the one thing that I love away from me and so I have ended this abusive addictive relationship for the last time.

I know deep down in my being that all I have to do is ring him and he will be back like that!! In a split second.

I love him. I love the feeling he gives to me when I think he is being nice. But I know if I call him this will be the last time for me no more second chances for this relationship. He will take everything away from me this time, my home, my job, my 3 dogs, my family, my friends, my sanity, my life. It would be a long slow death. But I am fighting with all my soul and I know this time around he is not coming back into my life ever ever again.

They say time is the healer and I know with each passing day it will be easier. Already into my 6th day without this relationship and I feel I am coming back into being me without him.
                  Autumn, is this what you are looking for?
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

An Abusive Partner

nice. good on you luv.

warnie
                    'fucked if i'm bowling in these conditions'. (bill lawry)

Comment

An Abusive Partner

Daisy45!

You utter star!! Yes thank you so much it is! I am massively grateful as the post really had a big impact on me and made me stop and think and re-evaluate.

Thank you again for caring and taking the time to look it up for me. It will definately be re-read and printed out to go on my fridge door.

:thanks:
                      I can not alter the direction of the wind,

But I can change the direction of my sail.

AF since 01/05/2014

100 days 07/08/2014

Comment

Working...
                      X