Day 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 14

Here it is day 14 and I am still sober. Bro was treating me like crap so I went out to a bar (there isn't much choices in my area if you don't have a car) and drank soda,water, and a Shirley Temple all night. A friend of mine who is sad to see that I quit drinking told me that there will be a day that I will get real drunk and he will too just pick the date. I am not going to do it. The drinking me would of gone for it but the sober me won't. I worked too hard and I love being sober too much to plan to drink again. I won't be hanging with this friend a whole lot for a little while to see if he forgets what he said (he was drunk). I would hate to lose the friendship but at the same time I want a sober life.

2 weeks ago tonight was my last drinking party. This morning I woke up hangover free and I love it.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 14

Congrats on 14 AF days
    That's a real milestone ~ stay strong 7 don't let anyone throw yuo off track!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 14

Way to go Drifty.....especially goin to a bar, and not drinking......:goodjob:
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 14

Ended up going to the bar because a friend of mine was having a hard day and I wanted to help her out. While I was there another friend came with even a tougher day. But I helped them, and I stayed sober. 2 weeks and although tonight I had the cravings big time, I stayed with my soda. Now I am home (because the bar had to close early again) and I am so grateful to be sober and not drunk. I still have my friend who is sad over me quitting but most of my friends over there are supporting me. It will feel good to not wake up with a hangover tomorrow. Just waiting for my midnight snack to be ready and to head to bed after an successful af day.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X