Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on other addictions

Hi all,

Just talked to a good friend tonight whose son is going through some sort of addiction problem. Does anyone here have experience with signs/symptoms of crack or meth addictions? From what she told me, it sounded like a sociopathic-mixed-with-crack problem. Chronic lying, stealing, mood swings, etc...Today she allowed him back home (he's 18) and he's slept for two days.

Perhaps another forum resource (like this) on the internet that someone may know of?

Thanks?I really appreciate this place.
    "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

She can get a simple urine test kit at the pharmacy for about $20 and it will give a reading for marijuana and cocaine family drugs within minutes.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Thank you Green Eyes and Sheri. Green Eyes: yes, the drug test is something that my friend and I discussed. There is a 14-panel drug test that pretty much covers everything. I'm not sure how she's going to get him to do it, but I do know that it is going to involve her husband being present [sarcasm on] (how degrading!) [sarcasm off] as the last time they tried a drug test on him (for pot, I believe), she found an empty container of apple juice stashed somewhere in the bathroom. She's going to try the "tough love" thing by saying that if he wants to stay in her house, then he'll have to pee in a cup. The purpose of the drug test is not to find if he is "on anything", but to find out what he's on so they know what they're dealing with.

Sheri, I checked out the links you provided and will forward them on to my friend. I told her to check for dilated pupils, teeth grinding, etc. The sad part of the problem is that he JUST turned 18, so as far as Mommy & Daddy forcing him into rehab, I don't think that will work as he is technically an adult.

I also recommended her checking out Al-Anon. Sounds like they're going to have a rough road ahead of them. Once again, I truly appreciate your input.
      "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Hi All
        Smart Recovery
        Good site for al recovery and also other addications

Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

Working...