Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naltrexone.. weeding out only the bad behaviour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all! New here.. with a very specific question!

I see that many of you are trying naltrexone. I am seriously considering it, using it as in the Sinclair Method. I'll label myself as a problem drinker, I can refrain from drinking days, weeks at a time.. but when I lose control.. I REALLY lose it.

I have picked up running as a healthy alternative to deal with stress, and well, give me something else to do to stay out of trouble. I am a little worried because Naltrexone is not selective.. as I block the endophins from drinking, I can as easily do the same for the endorphins produced by running.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I am sure it is just careful planning.. I have a 10K comming up and don't want to jinks myself... but I also want to get more control over my life ASAP.

I'd appreciate any advice (except.. I can't ask my doctor as I don't have insurance)
    Thanks all, I look foward to reading more and becoming more familiar with the group.

BoniR

Thanks Sheri, I was thinking I should probably post it there!!

Comment

naltrexone

I think the solution is take it as needed and not at times when you do your running or other pleasurable activities. You should get the book about the Sinclair Method. I am sure it's covered in that book. Might also be information for free online.

Comment

Working...
      X