Army thread 5th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 5th June

Mornlng every one, seems the craic is 90 in dublin!! Hope you all have a great day today as im sure you will. Reccie i too hope you asleep!! Expat and Zenners well done on the will power! Tipps glad your party went well happy 90th x. its poshing down here hope its beter in dublin!!

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Morning guys...

Not fully awake yet...
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Good morning mollyka, sure am looking forward to seeing everyone,

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Hello again!

Bugger - woke up after a couple of hours and I'm giving up on the sleep for now. :upset:

Now, why would you put olive oil in your hair Molly?

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Morning Army, Happy Sunday everyone! And of course...a special happy day to all the Dublin crowd. Hope Coach Anon checks in soon.
            Daughter just got home from a birthday party/sleepover at a friend's house. Boys and girls party then just the sleepover for the girls (Thank God!) with parents there. I insisted on a phone number and talked to the parents before of course. But still...they have a huge house and garden-think Ailesbury Road kinda house! but here in France-anyway even with parents there some of the kids brought booze and snuck out in the garden to drink-they are all aged around 15 or so. From what my daughter told me-the drink of choice is vodka and Fanta-blah! A few of the kids got quite drunk to the point of being ill. After reading Mario's story about the young man dying from drink in that pub...God,it is scary. Luckily, my daughter and I have an open relationship about talking about drinking or whatever.She knows I "belong" to the MWO club:H and was my helper for Tigger's visit to Paris. I am happy to say-she did not drink at the party and did not even feel tempted by peer pressure. So this place helps us-but even helps us to help the "next generation".
            Happy SOBER SUNDAY Army!

Comment

Army thread 5th June

That is bloody awesome Expat......feckin deadly..

Yo Mollers....

AF 10th May 2010
              NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Hi expat

Comment

Army thread 5th June

mollyka;1126014 wrote: OOOh Reccie - you're SUCH a man! To make me beeeoooooootiful of course! Sleep sounds shite for you - d'ya snooze during the day at all? I have to make absolutely sure my eyes don't close during the day, even 5 mins knocks my night sleep off altogether
                  Well, I've seen a pic or two of you from the last Dublin meetup and I don't reckon you need much beautifying. Head and Shoulders is all I use. Speaking of which, I need to hop in the bath. Yep, I'll probably end up taking a nap at some point this afternoon.

Comment

Army thread 5th June

mollyka;1126018 wrote: Xpost Patty - morning! I'm never gonna get me hair done - addictive personality keeps just having one little check back here before I go!
                    That 15-17 age group is a bugger with drink, none of mine had an out and out disaster, but they all experimented at one stage or another, keeping the communication up is the key, and I found that even if they have a few beers, not to overreact, just talk to them. My youngest has just turned 17 now - and obviously I'd rather he didn't drink yet, but he has a few beers the odd Sat night here in the house with his mates - nothing I can say would stop that, bar locking him in his bedroom, so I'd rather he was here where I can watch things than him out in a field. I think anyone who throws a party for that age group should be certified to be honest
                    My daughter is only 14-she's a November baby so younger than the rest of them. I agree-kids will experiment and communication is so important. What's scary though is it seems they are not content with just a few beers these days-they want to binge drink and get totally plastered. I mean-14/15 yr olds already hitting the vodka till they pass out! Of course-not all the kids are doing it-but enough to make it a real problem.

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Yeppers Molly! Reccie is right! You MWO ladies are a beautiful group! Can't wait to see the photos. And our gentleman are not bad either:H! Enjoy!

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Cannot believe the feckin weather...shit

AF 10th May 2010
                        NF 12th May 2010

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Xpost Molly! Thanks for sharing that story:l. And it's not just Ireland with the binge drinking for the young uns! It's becoming a huge problem everywhere I think. Surely here in France. And these kids I was talking about are mainly rich brats-from the International school. My daughter is not a rich brat:H-we live in a flat and could never host a huge party like that. But when she DOES have friends over at least I know what is going on in my house! There is no room to hide:H! Ah God-the joys of parenting.

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Didn't want to post that,

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Good morning Reccy,cirly wirly stirly girly,Starty,Panno,Molly,Damo in Cork,Mariooooooo,Oney,Stashia,Expatty

Mrs A is here. We've just had morning tea and cawffee in the excutive suite. She's gone for a bit of nanna nap.

Panno got sent out on another snaffle run to get sugar from the maid's trolly.

Just gorra text from Mr JC checked in and just waiting and hanging about for boarding.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Morning jc

Comment

Working...
                                X