Army thread 5th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 5th June

Yeehaw - I've just bought meself (and Mrs. T) a Kindle.
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

tiptronic_ct;1126190 wrote: Driving around topless sounds fantastic, Stirly. Although I would probably be too self-conscious

Sorry - I was shopping online - we received a whole bunch of vouchers for our birthdays.

We had a variety of cheeses & crackers with preserves. Blue, camembert, brie, mature cheddar, goat's cheese, a Dutch Boerenkaas with cumin, all sorts of nuts, samoosas, spring rolls, peri-peri chicken wings. Toasted baguette slices with cream cheese & salmon. Those were the snacks.

Then a chicken biryani with sambal and a veg curry with basmati & raita for mains.

Selection of cupcakes, choc fudge pecan cake, carrot cake & lemon meringue.

I even got it spot-on with my wine selection, apparently :H
      Cheeses thrice as one of our dearly loved members would say. That's quite the menu, Mr. Tips. Mind you I had to goggle six of the items to see what they mean. I'll take a double serving of those chicken wings and I'll try the chicken biryani as well. The raita and samoosas sound delish as well so a wee taste of those would go down well. Tell you what - just fill up a big plate of leftovers and send it my way. :H:H The desserts are to die for. Just reading about them I've put on a kilo or more.
      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army thread 5th June

stirly-girly;1126193 wrote: Cheeses thrice as one of our dearly loved members would say. That's quite the menu, Mr. Tips. Mind you I had to goggle six of the items to see what they mean. I'll take a double serving of those chicken wings and I'll try the chicken biryani as well. The raita and samoosas sound delish as well so a wee taste of those would go down well. Tell you what - just fill up a big plate of leftovers and send it my way. The desserts are to die for. Just reading about them I've put on a kilo or more
        PLUS PLUS PLUS, one of our guests gave me SIX slabs of Lindt choccies - a whole variety of flavours, from 85% pure cocoa, to peppermint, almonds, blueberry, orange, sea salt. I also received some organic raw cocoa choccies, handmade nougat and a box of truffles
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

All the folks know by now that I don't drink but I love choccie
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

tiptronic_ct;1126197 wrote: PLUS PLUS PLUS, one of our guests gave me SIX slabs of Lindt choccies - a whole variety of flavours, from 85% pure cocoa, to peppermint, almonds, blueberry, orange, sea salt. I also received some organic raw cocoa choccies, handmade nougat and a box of truffles
            :shocked::shocked: My dawg, that's an awful lot of choklit Mr. Tips. Does yer dentist know about the choccie???

tiptronic_ct;1126199 wrote:
            All the folks know by now that I don't drink but I love choccie
            :H Yeah, I kinda figured that out by the list of what they'd given you.

Am off to walk the dogger. Will check in again later...

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Enjoy the walk, Stirly. I'm actually also in need of one
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

tiptronic_ct;1126204 wrote: Enjoy the walk, Stirly. I'm actually also in need of one
                Hello Stirly and Tips!!!!!

Comment

Army thread 5th June

And Zen:l! I have been thinking about you too with this quit smoking business! I have not killed anyone --yet. Still hanging in there. Misery loves company:H. Tips-so happy you enjoyed your party! The choccies sound yummy! I guess our fellow Army members are at the Mona Lisa for dinner about now. Did they survive the Viking outing???

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Hiya Expattie :l

I wish one of them would check in on their Blackberries or iPhones...
                    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

tiptronic_ct;1126208 wrote: Hiya Expattie :l

I wish one of them would check in on their Blackberries or iPhones...
                      Guess we'll have to wait till later! Getting the kids to bed so I can RELAX. It is not a bank holiday here tomorrow-so early start tomorrow morn.

Comment

Army thread 5th June

expat3;1126209 wrote: Guess we'll have to wait till later! Getting the kids to bed so I can RELAX. It is not a bank holiday here tomorrow-so early start tomorrow morn.
                        Same here - the cubs slept until almost noon and now we're struggling to get them to chill out and calm down before bed. Little feckers! And they're writing exams to boot.
                        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

tiptronic_ct;1126210 wrote: Same here - the cubs slept until almost noon and now we're struggling to get them to chill out and calm down before bed. Little feckers! And they're writing exams to boot.
                          :H Good luck Tips! Well, if I get my cubs to bed I'm going to try and finish up a book I've been reading. Nighters from me Army!

Comment

Army thread 5th June

G'nite Expattie :l

I'm going to head towards bed as well - I'll keep it superficial with some of the Sunday paper supplements.
                            AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Army thread 5th June

expat3;1126205 wrote: Hello Stirly and Tips!!!!!:wavin: again ExPatty. Good job on the smokes.
                              expat3;1126212 wrote: Good luck Tips! Well, if I get my cubs to bed I'm going to try and finish up a book I've been reading. Nighters from me Army!
                              Sweet, nicotine-free dreams. :huggy
                              tiptronic_ct;1126213 wrote:
                              G'nite Expattie :l

I'm going to head towards bed as well - I'll keep it superficial with some of the Sunday paper supplements.
                              Nighters Mr. Tips.

Wishing all the Army...

and to Mr. Tips...

Comment

Army thread 5th June

Hiya lovelies.
                                Just a quick check in after a FANTASTIC day and evening with some of the troops. We had such a laff and it was great to meet everyone. Mrs A is running in the race tomorrow and I am flying home cos I have to go to uni in the evening.
                                I have had such a great time tho, feeling really chilled and revitalised. Ready to make some more changes in my life I think
                                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X