Day 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 17

Day 17 and I feel great that I made it past the two week bit. During the week it isn't that hard to stay af, but I still get those cravings for a couple of beers but I know that I won't drink. Any beer that I will drink will be na beer. I had a few this weekend and they are pretty good.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 17

DriftyAlison0;1126531 wrote: Day 17 and I feel great that I made it past the two week bit. During the week it isn't that hard to stay af, but I still get those cravings for a couple of beers but I know that I won't drink. Any beer that I will drink will be na beer. I had a few this weekend and they are pretty good.

Well done on 17 Days AF Drifty

Na beer, is that one of these AF beers I've seen advertised. Flipping expensive here in Britain. If recommended I'll give them a go, must say I do miss my Larger when I have a curry.

keep going, grand job
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Day 17

Yes they are the af beers. It has less then 0.50 al in it so its suited for the non drinkers. It can help with some people while other people it is too much of a trigger.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 17

DriftyAlison0;1126766 wrote: Yes they are the af beers. It has less then 0.50 al in it so its suited for the non drinkers. It can help with some people while other people it is too much of a trigger.

Cheers, so to speak, Drifty. As you say could be a trigger, so, will abstain totally until I hit the 3 month initial target.

Being a binge drinker, day to day consumption of AL is not an issue in my case.
        Having been retired early after 26 years (depression coupled with other med issues) I spiralled out of control and found AL gave me some 'release from the boredom of my new life.
        If stressed in any way would turn to the bottle and disappear into my own little world for a couple of days.
        These last 9 weeks I have had to retrain my mindset
        to deal with the the stressors of everyday life and confront them head on. SOBER. Must say it's a great feeling, an achievement on doing so.

FF stop waffling, Drifty DAY 18
        , your doing a fantastic job.
        Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Working...
        X