Crap I blew it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap I blew it!

Why oh why, I'm not a failure, but sure feel like one. Blew it at a family social event after being sober for a month! Now everyone is upset with me!.
    including ME
    I have'nt visited MWO lately, MY bad.
    I'm back as of today, with a miserable hangover to add insult to injury!
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Crap I blew it!

Drink plenty of water. I don't like to think of it as blowing it, in fact I don't like to start over in my count. I start. I am on day 31 with 1 slip I say today.

Family events are hard. Doesn't matter what others say. They will soon shut up when they see you not drinking from now on.

If it were easy we wouldn't be here. (((dlw)))

Comment

Crap I blew it!

hart;1126623 wrote: Drink plenty of water. I don't like to think of it as blowing it, in fact I don't like to start over in my count. I start. I am on day 31 with 1 slip I say today.

Family events are hard. Doesn't matter what others say. They will soon shut up when they see you not drinking from now on.

If it were easy we wouldn't be here. (((dlw)))
      I agree with hart, dlw.......

Just keep on going. You have a month under your belt and if you think of the slip up in a discouraging way, it just going to make you feel depressed.

Day 31 with 1 slip is what I say too. Keep moving forward......
      THOUGHTS become THINGS
      choose the GOOD
      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Crap I blew it!

I personally would start back to day 1. If you continue where you left off, you would be lying to yourself. Just make sure that you don't have another slip.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Crap I blew it!

Thanks to all my friends at MWO. I needed the words of encouragement!
          DLW
          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!

• Yesterday is History
            Today is a Mystery
            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Crap I blew it!

I'd say your tag line says it all. You've done your 30 days many times it seems. The important part is you are fighting for your sobriety with tenacity and gaining strength and knowledge as you go. As my friend always says to me, stop beating yourself up, there are plenty in line waiting to do it for you. All the best dlw.

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

Crap I blew it!

I love your quote, STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP, there are plenty in line waiting to do it for you
              I just need to follow the advise. I am my most worst enemy
              Love you guys ! thanks for your support
              DLW

• Yesterday is History
                Today is a Mystery
                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Crap I blew it!

I hope things settle for you. I too, would sober for a time and then let loose. To me it is always getting beyond your last fall. I'm about 450 days sober. There is a wonderful life out there. Go grab it!!!
                Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Crap I blew it!

450 days, I am so jealous! You are my inspiration
                  DLW

• Yesterday is History
                    Today is a Mystery
                    Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Crap I blew it!

The girl had one chance to get pregnant.........but she blew it ! ha! Happy trails......Tony
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                    X