Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The worst thing about the day or 2 after is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is that I have to face my demons AGAIN. UGH!
    I have so much to be thankful for, but blew it a few days ago at a family event. My family is upset with me, but not as upset as I am with me
    I am going to take some advise that someone gave me at MWO. Stop beating myself up, there are plenty of others standing in line to do it for me
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Right. And that's useless, isn't it? Now, time to make a plan, OK? Need help with it?
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ruby, I always admired your posts. Any advise is greatly appreciated. I can go a month and even 2 without a drink, then just like a huge cloud over me, the bad in me takes over- and I pour myself AL. Why is that, why can't I control it? And the next day, although I have a great hangover, I can abstain. So I guess that is a good thing right?
      DLW
      Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
      And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
        Today is a Mystery
        Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

DW, I am sorry for how you are feeling. Certainly, there are many people ready to kick you when you are down, or any time. Like you say, you can't dwell on things. Hopefully, we all learn from our mistakes in life.

One thing I found though, for me, was that when I drank I just created situation after situation in which I would screw up, and create the reason for others to "beat me up" and of course I would spend so much time being remorseful and mad and sad. (Than I would do it again). A sober life for me, eliminates all of these bad decisions, and the things that follow.

All the best,
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
        X