Anything Wrong with A/F Wine or Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all lovely afternoon here in the woods. On another thread there seemed to be common knowledge that substituting A/F or that .05% wine or A/F Beer for alcohol was tabboo. That came as a bit of a shock to me. I can't stand the taste of A/F beer or wine but I mix the red A/F wine with juice and it makes for a nice drink. I don't like anything too sweet and the A/F wine cuts the sweetness of the juice. Is this something I should not be doing at 7 days A/F?
    So far I am having little difficulty abstaining as it was 'my time' if you know what I mean. Tried many times before but it seems to be easier this time.

Anybody with any experience on this? Any responses would be appreciated.

Tips
    Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
    ? Lao-Tzu

Hi Tipps,

I posted this earlier on a similar thread by Shephard:

I've tried to post a link for you but it hasn't worked but if you click on my avatar and go into all threads started by Dewdrop and scroll down until you come to the one titled Non Alcohol Wine - Any Thoughts?? which I think was started on the 5th of December. Anyway there is loads of advice on the pros and cons of non alcohol drinks which I think you will find interesting.

Just wish I could copy and paste the link!!

Hope this helps,

Dewdrop :h
    Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Thanks for the info. I found it and read through the posts. I was a half to 3/4 bottle of red a night girl and I find the red wine af stuff does not give me cravings so far. But I think I'll finish up what I bought and switch to grape juice or cranberry juice just to be safe.

Thanks for replying.

Take care.

Tips
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

It taste like shit !!!!
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...hts-46613.html for those who want to read the thread. Me I didn't try na beer till my 15th af day and I plan to drink na beer now and then, but I won't make it a every day habit just for special occasions and when I am at places that serve them. Otherwise its other af drinks for me. And I had some af white wine and it was ok just something that I won't drink anymore (the first two glasses were fine but the final glass was gross dunno why and plus I wasn't a big wine drinker after I switched to wine coolers and beer and stuff. Wine is too sweet for me.

And for some the NA beer and AF wine it will do the trick, and for some it won't. Personally, i drank more for the taste then to get drunk (getting drunk was the price) so NA beer will do it for me. But if I feel that NA beer brings on the cravings and urges real bad then I won't drink it anymore.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X