Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 1!

:new:

Day one for me. It's usually the easy day i'm hoping this board will keep me motivated to stay on track and make it as long as I can. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Day 1!

Anon, make plans ahead for your own particular 'witching hours', the times you will be most vulnerable. Decide NOW what you'll do when temptation strikes. Hang in there!
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Day 1!

Welcome Anonymous!

Ditto what Ruby suggests...make out a plan for today. Write it down if you need to. Hour by hour if you need to. Focus on tonight and what you will do once the cravings set it. Come here, replace AL with MWO if you need to at the beginning. It will help to fill the void of the loss that giving up AL might give you. Hang in there, you have come to a wonderful place which will help you on your AF journey. It all begins right now! How exciting for you! Well done!
      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
      :h

Comment

Day 1!

Thanks guys, Friday will be rough so maybe hanging in the chat room will help. I'm sorry I haven't stumbled on this page before.

Comment

Day 1!

Like the others said, make a plan now and not wait till the moment hits to make a plan. Also another thing that could help is to replace I hope thinking with I can thinking. I used to say I hope that I can quit drinking and the results wasn't good. But now that I am using I can quit drinking then I am finding it easier to refrain from drinking. Take it a day at a time or even a minute at a time if you have to. You have it in you to beat AL and be AF for life!
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
          X