Day 19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 19

Day 19 here and I am still amazed by waking up hangover free and knowing that I will never experience another hangover again as long as I keep Al out of my life. I feel more determined and I am 100% committed into this quit. My previous quits had a part of me that didn't want to quit. So those quits were harder and led to slips which led to modding (although I did pretty good at it, I kept changing it and decided to stop modding before I couldn't do it anymore and drank worser then before). Now I know that my drinking may not be as bad as some of yours was (I wasn't getting drunk everyday and some days were af and some were only 2 to 3 beers and only got drunk 2 to 3 times a month) but to me it is bad. I don't ever want to go back to drinking so I will make sure that I won't.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 19

Drifty - great job on 19 days!:thumbs::thumbs:

I understand about prevoius quits - I don't think I wanted it bad enough or that I was just fed up enough to want to quit. Not sure how long you have gone in the past but I think when you reach 30 days you are really going to see a huge improvement in everything!

I never thought I could get past 5 days let alone 30. Now the norm for me is not drinking every single day and life is good.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Day 19

Drifty, nice work. It is great to read your writing which has so much certainty and positiveness.
      Hill
      Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
      X