Tired

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tired

While I haven't gone completely AF yet, I have cut down the amount I am drinking ten fold. I plan to be AF by this weekend as I think I can quit now with out worry about withdrawals.

I'm curious though if anyone else has noticed feeling very lathargic when they have stopped drinking, or cut back a lot. I have actually been sleeping better than I have in years lately, yet I feel totally wiped out during the day. I should mention I feel better today than yesterday, so with any luck in a few days this will be over.

Just wondering. :thanks:

Tired

I did feel exhausted when I quit drinking but I truly appreciated it also. For so long alcohol messed with my sleep even though I could have sworn it was helping me fall asleep. Now that I know how real sleep feels I never want to go back to the restless alcohol induced sleep.

The exhaustion lasted about 6 weeks for me but quick short naps always left me feeling wide awake again. Take naps when you feel like it. You will get back to normal soon.

Great job.on cutting down and going al free. You will love your new life!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Tired

The lethargy is normal, Gimp...just hang in there! :h

Comment

Tired

Yeah, hang in Gimp. Alcohol is supposed to stuff up your deep REM sleep, so you aren't as rested. I always find I sleep like the dead when I stop drinking, but many people have trouble getting to sleep when they give up. Is that because they relied upon the sleepiness of Al to drift them to sleep, or is it something chemical. Alcohol is a depressant and takes a while to get out of your system.

Comment

Working...
        X