X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new goal.

Dear All,

I am so happy I could burst lol !!

Last year I made 159 days AF and caved due to the death of my lovely dog and a holiday abroad where it was too much to cope with seeing everyone else drinking as well as my grief, good news is I have a beautiful 8 month old Labradoodle and I haven`t booked a holiday abroad this year and won`t be either

Today is my 159 day of this year without AL and I feel as if I have achieved a major
    goal as I didn`t think I would ever get off the merrygo around of AL after my 8 month fest, some say the first day is the easiest and the rest is hard but to me starting Day 1 was the hardest and once that was done I knew the rest would follow.

Last year I found it easier to achieve 159 days but this time around it has been a battle and each day has been different, I can go from not thinking about it too much to moments of madness of wanting to cave and was a mere whisper from doing so, as it stands at the moment I am getting better with every day that passes and I hope it continues in this way too.

Last night my DH who was my drinking buddy for 14 years and still does everynight like a fish lol, had his Birthday meal which is always a drinks fest, last year I was drinking with him and his friends at the meal and helping myself to my secret stash of vodka in my closet but this year they all drank to excess and I stuck to soft drinks, did I enjoy it without drink yes I did, did I enjoy it more without a drink yes I probably did and I didn`t think I would ever say that.
    I was happy that I didn`t start to mess up my words, I was happy to walk out and not stumble, I didn`t have to keep nipping upstairs for a top up and I most certainly was happy to be the only one without a hangover today yipee.
    I am very very grateful to everyone on MWO for their encouragement be it personally or just by reading other peoples stories and of course to those by PM who inspired me or just picked me up when I`m feeling blue, this site has been the best place I could ever have found and has been instrumental in my sucess.
    As for my new goal it is just to keep on being AF for as long as I can possibly can, I have no desire or intention to Mod as I can`t, one sip and I`m doomed its a simple as that, so to anyone who thinks it can`t be done it can, I was a terrible alchy, it was on my mind 24/7 and now I feel unburdoned and for that I feel truely grateful.
    Luv Flossie x
    Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

My new goal.

I am so happy for you Flossie :happy: Congratulations on 159 days ! Very inspirational, and thank you so much for sharing.

Miss O.
    Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

My new goal.

That's an AWESOME story Floss,

It's particularly inspiring since your DH drinks. I am really proud of you. What's your doodle's name?
      THOUGHTS become THINGS
      choose the GOOD
      ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

My new goal.

Thankyou so much for your kind words.

Barbara, her name is Khanna as in narna and yup she loves banana`s too :H

Love Flossie x
        Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

My new goal.

Congrats to you! I to, used to do what you did- keep a stash, just like a closet drinker, So To read your story, I can do a lot of relating. Every day with AL is an accomplishment! We are such a great group of people, so dependent on each other for support! Bless everyone at MWO
          DLW
          Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
          And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
            Today is a Mystery
            Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

My new goal.

Oh you guys,

I hid AL too in a closet. I actually thought I was the only one doing this. Thought I was soooo smart. I would have a glass of wine with my friends sipping slowly, then head off to the closet for a few gulps.

How I hate to think about those days. I actually found empty bottles in my closet that I had forgotten about after I had stopped drinking. When I was drinking, I would wait until my boyfriend went to work then throw away my empty bottles from my closet, like I was getting away with something. How sad is that?
            THOUGHTS become THINGS
            choose the GOOD
            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

My new goal.

Well done Flo huge congratulations my friend,
              you truly are an inspiration x

Comment

My new goal.

Well done flossie, keep at this you can do it :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

My new goal.

Flossie, :goodjob:! I am so happy for you. Coming back here and letting all of us know how you are getting on - it helps to see there is a light at the end of the tunnel! We all want to feel what you're feeling now. You are an inspiration. :thanks::h
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

My new goal.

Hi All,

Thankyou so much for your all your kind words.

When I first joined MWO I honestly thought I was the only one doing
                    what I did so to read that others were doing the same made me feel not
                    so alone.
                    I thought only I hid bottles in the closet, under the bed, in the fresh linen
                    cupboard and even in the washing machine as the DH doesn`t even know
                    what it is for let alone use it :H.
                    To get all this out into the open has been life changing as I now realise that
                    AL is not the friend I thought it was, it came and took over my whole life and
                    now I am taking it back, I am just sad that it took so long to realise that you
                    only get one go at life and I`ve just spent 14 years wasting it at the bottom
                    of a bottle !
                    Good luck to everyone who is trying so hard to get their life back too.
                    luv Flossie x

Comment

My new goal.

Congrats on the 159 days Flossie!
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

My new goal.

Hi Flo have been away from here for a while but am back! I am so happy to see you progress, well done hun x

Comment

Working...
                        X