TV Show Intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV Show Intervention

I just started watching this show....all I can say is WOW, it is quite the eye opener.

It shows what the people around the addict are truly going for. Something I think is very hard to see in real life when you are the addict.

Seems for the most part to be drugs, but just saw one today with an alcoholic.....really made me stop and think. And be very happy that so far so good on stopping my AL abuse.
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

TV Show Intervention

Well done, Nelz

What part of the world do you live in. I'm assuming not Kansas USA? If so, what show is it?
    THOUGHTS become THINGS
    choose the GOOD
    ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

TV Show Intervention

Just noticed this post today Nelz. I really like the show Intervention on A and E as well. Although I have to caution myself every time I watch it. In a way I feel relieved that I am not nearly as bad as they are, so I must not really have a problem. Just because I have never drank from morning till night and my life is not in ruins, doesn't mean I am in the clear. So I do watch, but I realize the addicts/alcoholics are the extreme. I wish they would show an episode of a housewife that has a job and family, is functional and just uses alcohol to numb out in the evenings. Wouldn't be as exciting as the alcoholic who has been hospitalized 20 times for alcohol related injuries with a lot of drama surrounding their lives, I suppose.

Comment

TV Show Intervention

Exactly, Peace. Too many people watch that, drinking their 5 or 6, saying, 'Gosh, I'm SO glad I don't have a problem.' Because we aren't guzzling 24-7; stumbling injured through life; haven't been arrested, or WORSE hurt or killed someone yet, we may think we're OK. I see SO many people who think nothing of going out partying, drinking, then driving home and telling the next day how happy they are they weren't 'pulled over', or went through a sobriety checkpoint. I've read, or known, WAY too many people who've either ruined their own or/plus ruined others, or those on the receiving end of an alchoholic disaster, to look at this anyway but what it is; a dangerous mind game they play.
        Nelz, thanks for posting about this. Go back to the archives of INTERVENTION, and you'll find plenty of AL episodes. These people are given a real gift, but few actually have the desire to really change. That's the REAL impetus for any of us.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

TV Show Intervention

Barbara1234;1129224 wrote: Well done, Nelz

What part of the world do you live in. I'm assuming not Kansas USA? If so, what show is it?
          Yes Ma'am it is Kansas in the USA Almost smack dab in the middle of the USA, been here all my life, think Im stayin

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

TV Show Intervention

Hey Nelz,

I was thinking by some of your posts that you were somewhere in England or something. Ok, looks like you're doing well on your AF days, minus a few cravings.
            What do you think about non-al beer? Like O'Douls??
            I went on a kayak trip last night, a 4-hr. excursion down the Colorado River and brought some O'Douls just in case I couldn't handle being AF in the middle of a bunch of drinkers.
            Didn't even open the beer. I'm a little apprehensive that it may trigger something in me, but DriftyAlison drinks them. Just wondering what your thoughts were.
            Good job on your 30+ days AF!!!
            THOUGHTS become THINGS
            choose the GOOD
            ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

TV Show Intervention

Barbara1234;1130760 wrote: Hey Nelz,

I was thinking by some of your posts that you were somewhere in England or something. Ok, looks like you're doing well on your AF days, minus a few cravings.
              What do you think about non-al beer? Like O'Douls??
              I went on a kayak trip last night, a 4-hr. excursion down the Colorado River and brought some O'Douls just in case I couldn't handle being AF in the middle of a bunch of drinkers.
              Didn't even open the beer. I'm a little apprehensive that it may trigger something in me, but DriftyAlison drinks them. Just wondering what your thoughts were.
              Good job on your 30+ days AF!!!
              Funny you should ask about the non AL beer. We went food shopping last night and as always, we passed by the beer aisle. I have REALLY tried to stay away from the non AL beer, in fear that it may indeed trigger more cravings.

For some reason, I could not pass up the urge to try the non AL beer. I even couldnt wait to get home and open it. TBO to me, it didnt taste much like beer at all. Sort of tasted like soda water.

Since part of my motivation is to lose weight, I didnt think it was a good idea to get any more non AL beer.

Soooooooo, what I plan on doing now, is to pour soda water in the empty beer bottles.....its sort of like that "fake" cigarette thing. When I BBQ I like to drink, but since I dont do that anymore, I guess I will have to pretend.

So far....so good, but Im sure everyone's experience will be different

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

TV Show Intervention

Ok, well good enough then. Good thing the non-al beer didn't trigger your cravings. I didn't even look at the price of it, I still have the entire 6 pak in the fridge. Not eager to try it.
                Funny stuff on the soda water in the beer bottle.....:H:H:H:H Whatever works, though, it's all a pain in the butt to me.
                Have a great week!
                THOUGHTS become THINGS
                choose the GOOD
                ones!

Comment

Working...
                X