Army Thread 12th June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 12th June

Molly are you heading off somewhere soon ?

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Mr tips how are we,

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

again, Troopers....
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

The question is Mario, how much did you have to buy for mrs Mario? X
          'Breakfast, every hour, it could save the world.' Tori Amos

"Turn a stumbling block into a stepping stone."

AF since 23rd December 2010 - progession is paramount! :truce:

"don't be sad because it's over, smile because it happened!"

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Cassia;1129837 wrote: The question is Mario, how much did you have to buy for mrs Mario? X
            :upset: Mrs mario controls the money so I no nothing :upset:

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

mollyka;1129840 wrote: MrMario - I is heading to Canada Friday week - I am sooooo excited! Daughter and boyfriend bein evicted from there on 29th July and we had booked the hol before we knew that. So it's like a last gasp for them and we are dying to see the spots and she has mammy and daddy coming with credit cards - and youngest is coming along as an invited guest It's also our wedding anniversary on the 26th so big night planned! I'm very excited, and am amazed at how blazee I am about a non-al holiday - the first one was definitely the hardest - and funnily enough - the best
              Deadly and how long are you going for

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Sounds deadly molly.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

mollyka;1129840 wrote: MrMario - I is heading to Canada Friday week - I am sooooo excited! Daughter and boyfriend bein evicted from there on 29th July and we had booked the hol before we knew that. So it's like a last gasp for them and we are dying to see the spots and she has mammy and daddy coming with credit cards - and youngest is coming along as an invited guest It's also our wedding anniversary on the 26th so big night planned! I'm very excited, and am amazed at how blazee I am about a non-al holiday - the first one was definitely the hardest - and funnily enough - the bestSorry for the late post but I got called to the phone and then for a colour conversation with Mr. Stirly. He's decided that we need to paint our apartment because he's bored of the neutral colours. I don't think watermelon pink on the biggest wall in the living room is neutral, neither the mauve on the largest wall in the bedroom.

Molly, I think it's fab that you're going to visit Canada. You will see first hand what a beautiful country my homeland is. And you'll be visiting Ontari-ario - my province.
                  I am sorry tho' that your daughter and boyfriend are being denied alien permits and/or working visas. It's just not right to destroy the dreams of young, hard-working people. And especially ones from the UK and Ireland since so many of the immigrants that helped make my country were from your lands. Unfortunately there are people from other countries who contribute nothing to Canada and yet are allowed to live and work there and even collect Canadian pension after only two years of residence. It makes no sense to me.

I've forgotten again where your daughter is. Somewhere in a Toronto suburb, I think.
                  mario;1129843 wrote: :upset: Mrs mario controls the money so I no nothing :upset:
                  Pooooooor Mr. Mario.
                  mollyka;1129851 wrote:
                  Two weeks Mario - spending a few days with the sprogs and then Mrmolly and me heading off to Montreal for 4 days - honeymoon - after a troubled time I reckon and then meeting up with the sprogs in some mad place with canoeing and absailing etc. etc. all inclusive - bet the non-al drinks aren't all inclusive!! Then back to Toronto for the last 5 days, really nice hotel, and youngest sprog staying with his big Sis and boyfriend - so all is good in the world
                  Good that you'll be visiting both Toronto and Montreal. They each have an "atmosphere" all their own. I recommend a visit to the CN tower in Toronto. The view is outstanding. And if you like Chinese food, go to Chinatown. It's an adventure of it's own.
                  Where are you meeting up for canoeing and absailing? Perhaps it's a place that wasn't yet developed when we lived there. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a great time. My first wish for you is that the weather co-operates. It's been very up and down lately.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Poor old Mrs A, getting imprisoned like that!

Molly, are you gonna go abseiling then?

Your dinner sounded great! There seem to be a lot of good cooks in the army and I often wonder if most people plan their meals in advance and then go and buy the ingredients. I just buy fruit and veg and stuff that I like and then have a look in the fridge and think about what would go together and improvise and experiment. Tonight's dinner was a stirfry consisting of fresh egg noodles, sliced tomatoes, tuna in brine, and lemon wedges with tabasco sauce, mainly cos that was all that was left in the fridge. Was not bad.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Ok Army I am heading in, see you in the morning , night recluse & ladies.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

It's becoming very hard to emigrate to almost any country in the world now Molly. I looked into it extensively a couple of years back and pretty much the only place where they more or less let you in, no questions asked, is Tonga, which is basically a third world country with rubbish internet access.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

mollyka;1129858 wrote: Hey Stirly! Apparently they weren't on the 'required skills list' at the mo. My second son came home from Australia bout a year and a half ago cos he was in the same position - 3 months later they were begging him to come back
                          I think the name of the place we're going is Muskovo - need to goggle that It's near Algonquin where we're staying for a night on the way over there - sounds brilliant!

MrI'llnevereatagain is in the kitchen with strawberries and cream and digestive buscuits!
                          Molly - Muskovo - don't know that name. There is an area caled Muskoka Lakes but it's nowhere near Algonquin Park as far as I remember. Algonquin, you will enjoy.

Again, so sorry about your kids, both in Canada and Australia. Dreams should not be crushed...

Troopers, I'm off to walk the dogger and then to plead with the Dream Fairy. Wishing you all...

Tomorrowz....

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Night Mario and Stirly.

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

Cough cough, sneeeeeeeeeeeze...........drags self from sick bed.

Crikey this Irish cold is a doozy, my head feels like a brick...................no sniggering at the back.

We got Black Bess back this afternoon from my friend's house and unfortunately she had a bit of a fight with her dog, in fact it sounds like more than a bit of a fight as Lily (the greyhound) required 4 stitches in her shoulder. It was a fight over their food dishes. Fortunately after the fight they went back to being bezzie mates

Anyhoo we've now got to foot a ?400 vets bill.
                              It could be worse, I could be filing.
                              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Army Thread 12th June

anon;1129683 wrote: Welcome home to pissing down England JC .Dublin airport is massive is it not? Did Ryanair do the fanfare when your flight arrived early? My flight was an hour delayed and they still played it.

Results in I came 2nd in the Vets! I hope I can keep this up may try my luck in the Olympics next year:new::H
                                Oh yes we got the fanfare allright, it must be activated as soon as the wheels slam down on the tarmac.

:goodjob: Mrs A, if your ears are burning. Mr JC's just found your results on the tinterweb. You've got a stalker.
                                It could be worse, I could be filing.
                                AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Working...
                                X