GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

It is not meant that we should shoulder our problems alone, We are in the company of others by design, and the growth that each of us needs to experience is tied closely to both the sufferings and the celebrations that come to us all.
    We each have the capacity to nurture and guide anothers wavering steps. But the invitation to help must be extended.
    Perhaps we need reminding that each of us carries within us the remedy for another's ills. like wise, someone among us awaits our call for help. We are accompanying one another on this journey because together we can smooth away the rough spots that would cause us to stumble if we were traveling alone.
    Many calls for help will be made today,and some of us will be ready to respond. All of us need to remember that one of our greatest gifts is offering comfort to our stumbling friends

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Wonderful words Mario.

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

mario;1129862 wrote: It is not meant that we should shoulder our problems alone, We are in the company of others by design, and the growth that each of us needs to experience is tied closely to both the sufferings and the celebrations that come to us all.
      We each have the capacity to nurture and guide anothers wavering steps. But the invitation to help must be extended.
      Perhaps we need reminding that each of us carries within us the remedy for another's ills. like wise, someone among us awaits our call for help. We are accompanying one another on this journey because together we can smooth away the rough spots that would cause us to stumble if we were traveling alone.
      Many calls for help will be made today,and some of us will be ready to respond. All of us need to remember that one of our greatest gifts is offering comfort to our stumbling friends
      You are a kind discerning soul Mario man. Thanks for posting this. x

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

That's why were here Mario..........Helping others help us. Keep up the good work my friend. Tony....
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

IAD;1129898 wrote: That's why were here Mario..........Helping others help us.
          Smart cookie you are too Tony.
          :h

Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

St. Francis of Assisi

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

I hope to help more in the future now that I have a little time and the wisdom that these threads and all there people care under my belt! Thank you all so much!
            You always succeed if you never stop trying.
            Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

THankyou Mario I know I wouldn't have done it without you all out there
              4 weeks down but I will still need help not to have that first drink and slid down that road again
              thankyou all for being there

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Well said Mario, as always, you continue to share wisdom, positive words and ideas with us all. Thanks,
                Hill
                Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Mario I wish I knew you in person! :l I always read your posts so helpful and you are helping me so much with my new life AF. Every time I see you have posted me back it puts a smile on my face so THANK YOU Mario. :thanks:

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Hear, hear Mia. Mario, you are a great inspiration to everyone who comes here; I for one appreciate all the time you take to respond and the research you have done. I have saved so much that you have written for times when my computer is off-line. :thanks:
                    We all have a responsibility to one another. Feeling good is in the receiving and even more so when you are giving back.....I agree that it is sad to think someone who was crying out for help may have been 'missed'. We must endeavour to make sure we keep our eyes open.....
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

You are so right, we must reach out for each other!

It makes you feel great when someone replys to you.

Happy Monday!!

Rocks xx

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

so true mario. even posting when we are struggling can be a help for others as well as yourself. many times ive logged on to read peoples posts and the responses which could have been written just for me at that particular time.
                        we are helping ourselves so we can help others so they can help us......
                        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

I LOOK for people to help. It is such a blessing to me and helps me stay sober. When I focus on myself, I always fall. When I focus on helping others, I am truly blessed! We should all be there to help one another along on this journey. I value others and try to learn from others. We are all here for a reason and for a season. I pray my life would be a light for someone in the dark. I believe everything God blesses me with is to flow through me to others. I have learned, He ALWAYS blesses blessing hands!
                          I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I could be. I'm definetly not who I want to be,
                          but I'm sure not who I used to be!

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still.

"I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME." Phil 4:13

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

I agree Mario! It's amazing to help each other help ourselves. Thank you.

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

That is awesome.... you are so right.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Working...
                              X