GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Mario, I've drawn back some from posting because I hate seeing my name so much, but maybe, if one person is helped, it's worth my over-exposure. Thank you.
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Unfortunately due to very personal reasons I dont post as much as I would like to,But I do lurk a lot,maybe I need to put more effort into helping others as they have helped me.

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Once again
        a huge thank you Mario.

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

What?

Forgive me Mario if I got this wrong as I have received some comforting responses from you. I have read and re- read your post and can not find the purpose behind it. Other than perhaps making those who may be new and less insightful or perhaps do not have the time to respond as you do feel bad, I do not understand the final sentence. Was that your intention?

G

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

I think Mario is trying to say that you will be surprised how much supporting someone or giving them some advice can really help someone if they are struggling to stay sober.
            It has certainly helped me.

I guess he is just encouraging everyone to help/support/advise if you can.
            Cant see how you can find anything negative in Marios post.
            He has been such a huge support to most people on here and continues to give up his time.

Damo
            Still trying !!!
            AF 25th June2014

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Nothing negative

No no no no............nothing negative! I have read It and some of the responses and realizing that like myself others felt a pang of guilt from it and have even apologized and explained why we can not respond as often, has made me question the original intention because I do not believe guilt was the intention. That,s all.
              G

Lord knows that as alcoholics we do not need ANYTHING else to feel guilty about especially here! Just clearing the air my friend that s all.

Comment

GIVING HELP TO OTHERS

Thought this was a forum damo. Thanks for making me feel self conscious. I didn't feel I was being negative, just asked a question. But hey never mind. Guess I'll be just a reader of threads then. Thought this was a judgement free zone. Guess not.

Comment

Working...
                X