Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 13th June

Good morning, Army

Thank feck this is going to be a short week (for me at least, although I think Expattie is still enjoying a long weekend).

Have a good one!
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Good morning Tiptronic and all to come today.
    Miserable rainy day here but I have to say I am not unhappy as I have had a good sleep and no sign of a hangover. Still grateful here

Comment

Good morning, Mrs. A

Why the formal greeting? :H Am I in trouble?

Sorry to hear about the rainy weather (although you can send it Reccie's way). We look set for a beautiful winter's day - 21C, sunny and no wind.
      AF 21/08/2009

Comment

I think Recluse has got the rain now. I felt a bit of British formality could be injected into the forum today but on the other hand------

Comment

anon;1130004 wrote: I think Recluse has got the rain now. I felt a bit of British formality could be injected into the forum today but on the other hand------
          On the other hand... this is the Army, after all :H
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

hiya everyone - bloomin earthquakes again - sheesh - the poor people have just got there lives back together - no deaths this time though.
            It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Hiya, Zeppie

Yep - I heard the news on the radio coming into work this morning.

Has it affected tourism at all? I was wondering about that, with the RWC coming up fairly soon.
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Yes there are no games being played in chch of course, so it will suck for them as their will be no tourists. RWC will go ahead as normal though, all chch games shifted to Auckland.

Comment

Zeppie2;1130011 wrote: Yes there are no games being played in chch of course, so it will suck for them as their will be no tourists. RWC will go ahead as normal though, all chch games shifted to Auckland.
                  Not heard about the earthquakes. Will it effect/affect you?

Comment

No Anon, I was heading out of town when the first one hit, then was at home (45 mins) away when the bigger one hit. I only wobbled about a bit, no damage done. Uni is closed tomorrow while they check buildings yet again - will give me time to study

Comment

Good Morning to Mrs. A, Zeppie, Tipster and to all who drop by later. This is a link to one of the articles about the latest aftershock. Mind you the aftershocks are bigger than most of the earthquakes we get here in Greece. So sorry for the people of Christchurch. What a horrible thing to have to go through. Again.

Christchurch hit by swarm of earthquakes - National - NZ Herald News
                      tiptronic_ct;1129984 wrote: Good morning, Mrs. A

Why the formal greeting? :H Am I in trouble?

Sorry to hear about the rainy weather (although you can send it Reccie's way). We look set for a beautiful winter's day - 21C, sunny and no wind.
                      Tips, the UK peeps are going to be really happy about your "winter" temps of 21C combined with the sun and lack of wind. Supposed to be up around 16 to 17 in Noocastle and Dublin and mostly cloudy or raining...
                      For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                      AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Oh, and it seems they've got this to deal with as well in New Zealand...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10731918

Comment

Hiya Stirly thanks for the link. Very cold here I have even got a fleece on
                          So sorry Zeppie but at least you can revise if that is any consolation.
                          I have friends teaching in Christchurch. I will try to contact them in a few minutes.

Comment

I think power and water is out again in the city - but a few friends are still facebooking.

Comment

Zeppie2;1130019 wrote: I think power and water is out again in the city - but a few friends are still facebooking.
                              Power and water out and liquefaction happening again. I feel so sorry for the people who have worked so hard the past few months to repair the damages only to have their hard work destroyed. It must be so difficult to deal with things like this.

Comment

Working...
                              X