Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread Monday 13th June

stirly-girly;1130320 wrote: Troopers.

Just a few comments after quickly reading back over the posts....

Mario, thank you once again for a very helpful post about self-acceptance. It is something we have to remember and practice at every stage. Learning to love ourselves in spite of our faults and our downfalls. We are who we are. We got where we are and became who we are on our journey through life. Through our personal experiences and through influences from others, we learned both good and bad lessons and good and bad habits along the way. That doesn't mean we are bad people or failures or damaged goods. It means each and every one of us is unique in our own way. We all have that strength within us to get us through this journey as positively as we can. There are good habits to be adopted and new and better parts of ourselves to be discovered. Thank you for again giving us something to sit back and think about. And may we all love ourselves just a little bit more every day.

Reccie - I am so happy for you that you will be getting the means to help you to live a more "normal" life. I especially like the telephone. That, my dear Panda, ROCKS.!!!

Jackie - it sounds like you're feeling a bit better now. Keep up with the vits and the supps...

Molly, so glad you didn't get transferred to that hole in the mud.

Zennie-butt and Mr. Tips. I have ever only bought a mango twice. And couldn't figure out either time the excitement over them. Both times they were rather bland in flavour although quite juicy. Kind of like prickly-pear cactus. Pricked my fingers picking the feckers off the tree and even tho' I put them on ice like I'd seen in a video, the taste was strange. A cross between a melon and a pear and a grape or something. No really defining taste... I'll take any of the above fruit with yoghurt and brown sugar except the mangoes and the fecking prickly thingeys....

Jackie - last but not least, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her daughter. Kids just don't realize how dangerous AL is. One of my best friends in college had AL poisoning. They found her passed out by the side of the road and luckily got her to the hospital in time. She was just a whisper away from blindness due to AL...

Sorry if I've dampened the mood a bit but just wanted to express my thoughts...

Oh and best of luck with Slimming World. Could do with a bit of it myself...:sulk:

God, you're good!!! :h:h:h
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Stirls, my darling. When can you ever dampen our moods when you post such lovely posts.

Thank you so much for your thoughts for my friend. I've known her daughter since she was born. My friend has her own issues with severe depression and she's coming out the other side with a great self help group. I know for a fact she'll be beating herself up at the moment blaming herself.
      It could be worse, I could be filing.
      AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

My dear Tips - thank you for the :h Just saying what I feel.

On a lighter note, am off to walk the dogger. He's getting anxious and I've got to be up at 6 am.

Wishing you all

And choccie dreams...

And happy "rest of yer day" to those on the other side of the pond...:heart:
        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

G'nite, Stirls :l:l:l
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

JackieClaire;1130324 wrote: Stirls, my darling. When can you ever dampen our moods when you post such lovely posts.

Thank you so much for your thoughts for my friend. I've known her daughter since she was born. My friend has her own issues with severe depression and she's coming out the other side with a great self help group. I know for a fact she'll be beating herself up at the moment blaming herself.
            I wish your friend all the best. That she can overcome her depression and that mother and daughter can work together to overcome their problems. She is so lucky to have you as a friend. As are we all....:h:h:h
            For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
            AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Nighters Stirls,
              It could be worse, I could be filing.
              AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

stirly-girly;1130320 wrote: :hallo: Troopers.

Just a few comments after quickly reading back over the posts....

Mario, thank you once again for a very helpful post about self-acceptance. It is something we have to remember and practice at every stage. Learning to love ourselves in spite of our faults and our downfalls. We are who we are. We got where we are and became who we are on our journey through life. Through our personal experiences and through influences from others, we learned both good and bad lessons and good and bad habits along the way. That doesn't mean we are bad people or failures or damaged goods. It means each and every one of us is unique in our own way. We all have that strength within us to get us through this journey as positively as we can. There are good habits to be adopted and new and better parts of ourselves to be discovered. Thank you for again giving us something to sit back and think about. And may we all love ourselves just a little bit more every day.

Reccie - I am so happy for you that you will be getting the means to help you to live a more "normal" life. I especially like the telephone. That, my dear Panda, ROCKS.!!!

Jackie - it sounds like you're feeling a bit better now. Keep up with the vits and the supps...:huggy

Molly, so glad you didn't get transferred to that hole in the mud. :dancin:

Zennie-butt and Mr. Tips. I have ever only bought a mango twice. And couldn't figure out either time the excitement over them. Both times they were rather bland in flavour although quite juicy. Kind of like prickly-pear cactus. Pricked my fingers picking the feckers off the tree and even tho' I put them on ice like I'd seen in a video, the taste was strange. A cross between a melon and a pear and a grape or something. No really defining taste... I'll take any of the above fruit with yoghurt and brown sugar except the mangoes and the fecking prickly thingeys....

Jackie - last but not least, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend and her daughter. Kids just don't realize how dangerous AL is. One of my best friends in college had AL poisoning. They found her passed out by the side of the road and luckily got her to the hospital in time. She was just a whisper away from blindness due to AL...

Sorry if I've dampened the mood a bit but just wanted to express my thoughts...

Oh and best of luck with Slimming World. Could do with a bit of it myself...:sulk:

I want you to live in my house

Comment

hey all, just back from the mighty download festival and thought I'd swing by, doing good, exhuasted and a little sunburned but nothing a good nights sleep won't help sort out. Have just skim read to see how ya'll are doing but will have to read over properly again when I'm less of a mess xD

JC: I'm really sorry to hear about your friends daughter, I put my mum through the exact same thing when i was 15 and I still feel guilty for it - but I didn't learn. Soon as I'd cleared the alcohol that enarly killed me from my system I was out getting drunk again, hopefully age and maturity will help your friends daughter learn from her mistake in a way that I failed to...

anywho guys, if anybodys about I am off to sleep, too much, too fast, too tired xD
                  I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

Working...
                  X