Day 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 25

Here it is day 25 in my af journey. Looking back when I wasn't sure if I was going to quit for good or return to modding, I didn't fully realize that Modding had me in a trap of constantly ether thinking about drinking, wanting to drink, drinking, or nursing a hangover. But with quitting sure I think about drinking, sure there are times when I want a drink, but I don't drink, I won't cave in when I want to drink, and the best thing of all, I no longer have hangovers therefore there is no need to nurse a hangover. I feel free. Taking it a day at a time!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 25

I didn't fully realize that Modding had me in a trap of constantly ether thinking about drinking, wanting to drink, drinking, or nursing a hangover
    Drifty i tried for years to control my drinking and this describes how my life was and my mind was always doing one of the above . For me Modding was trying to go 2/3 days without getting drunk, i was only fooling myself. Well done day 25.
    AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Day 25

Hi Drifty and MM
      I think this is where I am getting to as well. While not liking the thought of never drinking again, the hope of successfully moderating one day is just as restrictive as actively drinking. I can quickly end up in a kind of parallel universe where I see myself drinking normally now that I've been through a period AF - but it's a load of BS. Lately I've been catching myself in conversation saying, "since i quit drinking....", knowing full well that last week I drank a litre of vodka. Insanity.

I think I know in my heart that complete abstinence is the ONLY way to achieve the freedom I seek. Acceptance of that fact is taking longer to settle in. Working on it...

Comment

Day 25

Keep it going alison,day 25 is good :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
        I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 25

Drifty, you said it. I also feel free for the first time in a long time! day 20 for me!! xxxxxx

Comment

Day 25

Hey Drifty, congrats on your 25 days. You have a lot of wisdom packed in your short little post here. You are so true. It is wonderful to not have all the associated paranoia of living while drinking all the time. The benefits are so many. Keep up the good work.
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
            X