Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temptation is a BITCH!

Hey guys.

Hope u all having a good week so far. Im ok. bit stressy, as my husband is away for work today till thursday night and im all alone at home. (he is away every other week for work) And this is usually the time I go on a crazy binge... But iv been strong. I spent the day with my sister, and now we celebrating her birthday with a meal. Im on my soda water, while everybody is drinking. And bout 5min ago, I just saw one of my good friends, she came over to say hi, and was already steaming drunk. She offered to buy me a drink, and I told her not tonight, as im not drinking due to my detox/diet. Gave her a hug and quickly scurried away. I REALLY wanted a drink, cus she was one of my drinkig buddies, and I just felt weird. I have not seen her since I got sober, so its prob just normal to feel bit awkward. Anyway, I didnt hav a drink, and im not going to have a drink tonight. Hope u all havin a good af evening.

Iv been Af for 6 days now.

Temptation is a BITCH!

Temptation is INDEED a bitch, and her name is AL.

But it is best for most of the peeps on this here board, not to dance with her

Well done on fighting her off, and Grats on the 6 days, getting to the first week AF is REALLY REALLY cool, keep it up
    Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Temptation is a BITCH!

6 DAYS - that's FANTASTIC. I too am a closet drinker, and sometimes my worst enemy is ME!!! Stay strong! Take it hour by hour, and if that is to tough, go 15 minutes by 15 minutes, if that is to tough, go minute by minute. FIGHT THE Demon that taps on your shoulder and temps you with evil. Think about the hangover that will for sure come.
      FIGHT AND WIN, and stay close by us at MWO, Last week I leaned on many friends here, and I won another week of sobriety
      Bless you all
      DLW
      Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
      And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
        Today is a Mystery
        Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Temptation is a BITCH!

Hi Liz

Great start,

Found if I had to attend a function or meet with friends made sure I was the designated driver. Friends appreciate it , I stay AL free, no temptation. Closest friend know I have a problem IF I start and are fully supportive of what I'm striving to achieve.

Good luck on YOUR personal journey.

FF
        Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Temptation is a BITCH!

Liz, the DD designation, or 'I'm taking medication', or 'I've found I have an allergy to AL', or 'They're running random tests at work', work when we start. But don't apologize. Yes, it feels funny. I went to one party early on when drunkeness was expected. But why should WE feel funny, when others are making fools of themselves. 'The scales are removed from our eyes'.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
          X