OMG 90 days for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG 90 days for me!

Pin you have nothing to be ashamed of. You have over 90 days free and that is amazing. Can you remember the days when alcohol put you thru hell and how you would have done anything to be free of that? I know you are having a rough time right now but you really have to remind yourself how far you have come. I am no social buttterfly either, in fact I am very quiet and self conscious around new people or groups of people. Can you find one person to join you tonight, maybe just for a movie, coffee or dinner? It is amazing how quickly your mood can change. Make a plan to do something you would not normally do. Take a walk and really enjoy nature. Just little things make a huge difference in my life now because when I was drinking nothing ever really mattered.

Really make an effort to appreciate your 90 plus days cause you deserve it!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

it's late here and I am alone with my kids, one is in bed and the other is watching the other TV. I am watching a film and I am crying because it is making me sad. Today I have managed to go from one extreme to the other. This morning I felt great and this evening I feel pants. I hate the evenings so much

and I just want a fucking drink
      I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Awh pingu,

Do you have anything sweet in the house to take your mind off AL? That helps me sometimes. Maybe some popcorn with lots of butter? MMMMM!
        Just remember about how much worse the guilt will feel and the hangover......it's disgusting.

I get the ups and downs too. Try to push through it, remember it's your AV (Alcoholic Voice) trying to trick you. "IT wants a drink, YOU don't want a drink.....

YOU.... :teeter: ......AV (The Devil)
        THOUGHTS become THINGS
        choose the GOOD
        ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

I'm feeling down. I drink when I am down. The drink makes it worse
          Tonight I am sad, I am lonely, I have tried so hard to be positive today and it has well and truly worn off. I have just watched a very sad film and it has left me in tears.

I have eaten half a bag of minstrels. Sadly this was my tea.

I am a sorry mess tonight and tomorrow can't come quick enough. Habits are nasty little buggers to break.

I WILL NOT DRINK.....
          I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Hi ping so sorry you feel so down, I remember someone telling me not long into my first few weeks AF when I was feeling down:

We all have down days, whether we are AF or not, the difference is that when we are drinking we block out that bad feeling for a while but then we only suffer twice as much the next day.

Its just life... dont try to fight it, let it be but dont give it all your attention and energy. Accept that tonight you arent in your best mental form but thats ok. Today you wont dwell on it or make any big deal of it. Be good to yourself, if one of your friends were down you'd cheer them up wouldnt you?! So cheer yourself up and make a list of all the things your grateful for today. You are doing so fantastically! We are human and cant be superheros all the time so give yourself a break

Dewdrop :h
            Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Dewdrop that's an awesome post and so true. Life, whether we drink or not, is not perfect and you will have all kinds of emotions. I for one am grateful that I can feel them now instead of trying to suffocate them with alcohol. Good, bad, sad, ugly, happy, excited, lonely etc these are all part of living and I will never trade them for the alcoholic dead zone I used to be in.
              AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Congratulations Red! I am at day 26 and I know through hard work, going here, determination and sticking to my goal I will be at 90 days af someday.
                I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Hi Pingu,

Thats great advice from Dewdrop, dont fight it, let it be and hopefully you will feel better tomorrow.
                  Its times like these when you need to be really strong and I am sure things will turn around sooner than you think.

I am 5 and half months AF and hasnt been all plain sailing, only recently it seemed like I had a week long craving and doubted whether I could stay AF. But I got through it and things seem better now and I am very happy now that I never gave up.

Everyone is different, but for me, quitting alcohol has been one of my lifes best ever decisions, but also most difficult, but it IS getting easier and I am a better person for it.

Take care of yourself, and nothing like a large tub of Ben&Jerrys to make you feel a liitle better.

Damo in Dublin
                  x
                  Still trying !!!
                  AF 25th June2014

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Red, really well done on getting this far, loving your positivity.

Onwards and upwards, lets keep going !!! (and well done to ALL who are beating this )

All the best

Damo in Dublin
                    Still trying !!!
                    AF 25th June2014

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Well done red on your 90 days
                      AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

OMG 90 days for me!

Hey Red, you should be really proud of yourself. Keep up the great work. I am really gald that you are feeling well and in a great space.
                        Hill
                        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
                        X