Oh Shit....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Shit....

I am not doing to great. Iv been alone all day, and the claws of Al is trying to pull me in... Im struggling. shit. I HATE this feeling.

Oh Shit....

Liz, I know that feeling!! Giving into it will just perpetuate the cycle and prevent you from ever breaking free. So make up your mind right now that you will NOT give in.

I have to beware of HALT - Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired. Those are dangerous situations for an alkie. Sounds like "lonely" is an issue for you right now.

Can you go someplace where there is no booze and other people? The gym? The mall? An AA meeting? The library? A movie? I used to keep a list handy for times like this with "stuff to do" on it. That way I didn't have to think - just pick something and get busy.

You can do this. You are not alone. If I can do it, you can do it too. Hang in there.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Oh Shit....

Hang in there Liz :l is there a way you can distract yourself from the craving?? I used to go for a walk, just being active and physical would keep me off the thoughts. Others will read, do housework, cook something, watch a movie - just anything really to get you through the bad time. It does pass you know the cravings don't last long and you can surf them as they come on strong and peak and then slow down and are gone before you know it. Mind over matter, you are the one in control not the cravings.

Once you get through this you will be so glad, I think you must be on day 7 now?? A week is a huge achievement and you deserve a big fat pat on the back for that :goodjob: I'm sure others will come along and offer ideas and support.

Thinking of you,

Dewdrop :h
      Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Oh Shit....

Hi Molly good to see you
        Enjoy today - there will be no other one quite like it....

Comment

Oh Shit....

I like STOP. I'm not sure I remember it right, but Stop; Think; Observe; Prepare sounds good. STOP when the urge hits. THINK about how you're feeling. Observe what's going on in your life, like triggers. And PREPARE (or PREVENT) the before mentioned from happening again. Don't change anything, change EVERYTHING you're doing. Call on me if you need.
          sigpic
          Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
          awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Oh Shit....

:hHi Liz .. I hear ya ... struggling as well
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Oh Shit....

Hi LizM23,

I hope you got through your cravings last night!! I agree with the advise above do something you would'nt normally do like clean, go for a walk or just head to bed. How many days are you on now?

Rocks xx

Comment

Oh Shit....

Me too Liz, rainy here, means Im off work, my usual M.O. was to come home, play Call of Duty, and crack open a beer.....or twelve.

When I get the urge, I just look at myself, and see the positive effects of not drinking(weight loss) and the physical way I feel (more alert, more energy), although that doesnt always help, at least it takes my mind off of AL for a bit, hopefully long enough to ride the urge till the end.

Stay STRONG, dont let that eeeeevulll little monster win
                Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Working...
                X