Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish I was normal.... Why do I have to have a problem with Al? Shit I hate this...

I think this same thing every day ..
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

We can't choose our problems but we can choose to make changes. When I feel down about my problems I try to think about other people who have worse problems. Everyone has their issues and mine can be worked on where as others don't have that choice. Life is full of challenges and if the worse that I have to deal with is alcohol I consider that something I can deal with. One of my nephews has Crones disease at 19 years old, another of my nephews has asthma and my niece has developmental issues. No ones life is perfect and we have to learn to accept our weaknesses and how to live with them.

I know you can get thru this. We are stronger than we think.
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Liz, I think we've all been there... After all, AA tells us that the great hope of every alcoholic is to control and enjoy his drinking! The truth is, there is no rhyme or reason to it, but it is what it is, so we have to decide whether or not we want to deal with it and build the life we want, or continue down the path we are on.

The good news is that you can have a happy, healthy, fun life that doesn't involve alcohol. I didn't think it as possible myself, which is why it took me a lot trying before I finally figured it out. The genesis moment for me was accepting who and what I was, and once I did I was finally able to move forward. And if I can do it, then believe me, anyone can do it!!
        Sobriety Date: June 15, 2007 -- "It's not having what you want, It's wanting what you've got...."

Comment

Don't worry Liz, your not the only one with problems with al. Everyone here has a problem with AL ether with themselves or they are here to help someone else in their family and/or friends (minority group).
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Hang in there LizM23!!

I think kirbing this af life style is a huge mind game, we have to be stronger than the cravings!

Rocks xx

Comment

Working...
            X