Day 27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 27

Day 27 in my af journey. I went to sober Karaoke where I was sober for it and it is just as fun as if I was drinking. It was so easy refraining from drinking last night. I didn't even think of drinking and I felt so free that I could go somewhere and not have a craving or an urge. Someday I will get that way with the weekends too, although its going to take time. And I am willing to work for that day to come. I am going to be af today. If I had al then I wouldn't be af anymore and that would screw me up so therefore I won't have al. Fishing is better sober (never did it drunk).

And for those who are struggling, just think of a real bad hangover. Thinking about hangovers has helped me a lot.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 27

Way to go Drifty! Keep it up and the weekends will get easier trust me. I used to spend every weekend drunk from Friday night to Sunday night. The first weekends sober were hard because that's a lot of time to fill. After the first month I realized I would rather be bored and sober than drunk, sick and hungover. I can't even imagine feeling like that anymore - it makes my skin crawl just thinking I thought I enjoyed that - YUCK!

Almost 30 days for you - I know you can do this!
    AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Day 27

WTG Drifty, just a few more and you reach that 30 day milestone!

Way to show the evullllll monster who is in control
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Day 27

You have almost made 30 days, well done!!

I am crawling behind on day 12, I had my first night out in a pub last night and normally I have a pint of shandy if I am driving and make up for it at home. I feel strong and just ordered a soda water and lime!

Good work!

Rocks

Comment

Working...
        X