What are you drinking right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a forum to quit drinking, and gratuitous drinking isn't the point of this topic! All I know is there's some meds that you can drink on, and some that pretty much require you drink on to make them work properly! So I courteously ask you: how are you poisoning your body today? :new:

Mines a voddy and much beloved Coke Zero! (regular coke makes me feel like I've been drinking shards of glass the morning after!)

water??? You post confuses me, the point of this forum is that most of us don't drink. . .
    You always succeed if you never stop trying.
    Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

I love water when its mixed with juice an if what you said is true, I'm 100% apologetic for misconstruing this forum!!! Maybe I need to read a bit more sorry, I just want a bit of help but I guess I'm at the start of the slope :-/ sorry!

Comment

Sometimes, Joe, not drinking is very hard so we normally don't talk about it in a positive way at all as to try to realize there are no positives to drinking. My drink was vodka too, drinking vodka has put me in a bind more than once or twice, ya know? Try the tool box thread in monthly abs, its wonderful!

OH and welcome to your journey!
        You always succeed if you never stop trying.
        Everyday we choose the direction of change.

Comment

My newly discovered "Shirley Temple" of beer.......soda water, poured into an old beer bottle(NA beer of course)
          Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Average Joe Welcome...

If I am reading you right... you have just started here and are, obviously, still drinking, which a lot of us are struggling with. That is why we are here.
            There are a lot of forums/threads that will accomodate where you are.
            There a lot of wonderful people, who are at all different places in their struggles with the poison (great term).

Check around the different forums. You've started in the right website to
            find support.

Comment

Tonight I have drunk some water, a coffee and in a moment I'll be making a camomile tea before I go to bed.

I am someone who could drink on meds if I wanted to, but I still don't see it as romantic. Tonight I decided I didn't want to drink alcohol, so I haven't had any.

Comment

Joe, it sounds like you are thinking of (taking?) Naltrexone. The Sinclaire Method indeed indicates drinking to quit / moderate. Specific discussions about this take place in the medications section of this web site. Your post might be more appropriate there. (or maybe not - the regular posters in the meds section, and in particular those knowledgeable about TSM can give guideance on that)

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Doggygirl;1132083 wrote: Joe, it sounds like you are thinking of (taking?) Naltrexone. The Sinclaire Method indeed indicates drinking to quit / moderate. Specific discussions about this take place in the medications section of this web site. Your post might be more appropriate there. (or maybe not - the regular posters in the meds section, and in particular those knowledgeable about TSM can give guideance on that)

DG
                  Average Joe

I'm using Naltrexone as per the Sinclair Method if this is what you are referring too. There is a thread in the meds section "Naltrexone Works!", if you'd like some support or guidance. I don't tend to romanticise about alcohol because of the problems it's caused me, and the sheer amounts/experiences I had whilst drinking to excess.

Comment

I am currently drinking a wild cherry pepsi. At least I won't get drunk off that.
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Joe has posted in the meds section, he was looking for guidance with Baclofen after all!

Comment

I just had a pineapple, carrot, ginger, parsley, celery juice! Yumo!!!

Comment

Tea!
                          sigpic
                          AF since December 22nd 2008
                          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Lime, soda, loads of ice if socializing. At home ice cold lime or raspberry milk shakes, tea and bucket loads of coffee.

Hope Joe finds what he's searching for.
                            Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Crystal Light Ice Tea in a Frosted Budweiser Mug. I don't even like beer, but I do like the ice cold mug

Wishing Average Joe all the best !
                              Miss October :blinkylove:

Comment

Working...
                              X