Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surviving

hey guys.

I was meant to go to my first AA meeting this morning, but i overslept. i mean seriously, its at 7 in the morning! i hav'nt been sleeping that great lately, and just did not have the energy this morning. i do feel bad though, as if i failed myself... i really must try go next week. hope everyone is had a good week and will have a good weekend.

AF 9 days today... yay me.

Surviving

Hi LizM23,

Well done re 9 days!
    its probably good you felt relaxed enough to sleep, there is always next week to go to your meeting!

Hope you have a healthy weekend!

Rocks xx

Comment

Surviving

Hi Liz,

Did you know you can ask someone from AA to take you if you're apprehensive about going to your first meeting? That's what I did - called the national number (I think, can't quite remember now if it was the national number or a local one). A really nice woman took me to my first meeting and I asked her loads of questions before we got there.

You might be not be apprehensive about it but I just thought I'd mention that in case you didn't know.
      sigpic
      AF since December 22nd 2008
      Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Surviving

9 days is awesome

have a great weekend and keep up the good work

my purple flute bag arrived this morning while I was at work and reminded me that this was my treat for 3 months AF......
        I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Surviving

Yay Corrine!!!! I love it when my purchases arrive. Great job on over 3 mos.

Liz, I seriously doubt that even on a good day I could get up for a meeting at 7 am. ....:egad:
          THOUGHTS become THINGS
          choose the GOOD
          ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Surviving

7am is utterly bonkers, even for someone like me who has 2 kids to get up for school. I don't even open my eyes until Celebrity Raspberry on Moyles Radio 1 show.....
            Isn't there a later meeting somewhere?
            I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Working...
            X