Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling really bad

Hi all!
    It has been awhile since I have been here, still struggling with the drink. Was doing ok then my older sister started some drama with me and of course it's never about any one else's nasty behavior just my nasty reaction. My parents favor her, God knows why? I think it's time to pull away from my biological family but how does someone do that? Told my Dad today to go f--k himself! Before you all get worked up my father is the kind of man that for fathers day would like a no"slits" party! Meaning boys and girls no girls allowed! If that doesn't scream something's wrong Than I don't know what does.. Now that I think about it I started to drink to fit in with my dysfunctional family! Oh did I mention that my sister is an alki too?! By the way NO SLits are my fathers exact words and he has granddaughters too! Sorry if that seems vulgar but this is the mentality that I am dealing with.

Feeling really bad

Hi Georgie,

My first impression reading your post was that you must be quite young and maybe still live with your family to be having such dramas with them. So I looked at a few of your previous posts and see that's not the case.

You have a life of your own to concentrate on and people to spend time with who you love and enjoy being with.

Maybe you're full of resentment about the family dynamics but some people just don't change and at some point you have to accept that and live your own life in a way that makes you happy.

I'm not saying cut yourself off from your family but step back from the drama - you don't need it. If your dad wants to spend father's day locked in a dark room by himself, then let him. If your sister wants to argue, step back and say you're busy with other things.

I know family conflict is difficult but getting the alcohol out of your life will really help with that too. Try to check in here more to get regular support.
    sigpic
    AF since December 22nd 2008
    Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

Feeling really bad

Hiya Georgie,

Hang in there.

Your sobriety is the most important thing for you right now. Believe it. If you are living in an abusive environment, get out of there now. Either way, work towards getting negative people and situations right out of your life. Do not tolerate it. Take action, and do what you have to do. Next thing? Get a plan to get yourself sober, and healthy again, and take your precious life back.

Great to see you here, and best wishes friend. Now Go for it.

G-bloke.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Feeling really bad

Also, some great info/tips here. https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Feeling really bad

Thanks

Thank you for your kind words all, it is the next morning and feel lousy physically and emotionally and now have to go to work. Not proud of myself for my part in the argument probably if I wasn't could have told my father more eloquently to bleep off! Lol anyway trying to make light is all. I'll be sticking close by because I need friends right now cuz obviously I don' have family.

Comment

Feeling really bad

Sorry re-read my post left out a word, probably if I wasn't drinking could have told my father more eloquently to bleep off.

Comment

Feeling really bad

Have a great day Georgie. Think positive, and remember that you can do anything you put your mind to.

Comment

Feeling really bad

Thank you! Any tips on ways to not play the events over and over in my head today?
                I know I have to change because I can't do this anymore and I think that this change must include cutting the cord from my family because as soon. I am al free they will find something else to harass me about

Comment

Feeling really bad

Thank you! Any tips on ways to not play the events over and over in my head today?
                  I know I have to change because I can't do this anymore and I think that this change must include cutting the cord from my family because as soon as I am al free they will find something else to harass me about

Comment

Feeling really bad

Georgie,

Look above at post #4 and you'll see a blue 'toolbox'. Click on it, and it'll take you to our toolbox thread that has some useful info and strategies for you to use now, and today.

Comment

Feeling really bad

Here it is.....

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html

Comment

Working...
                      X