Another mountain overcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I felt like the odd one out tonight.. It was my sister a birthday party, and everybody was drinking and doing my fav past time- SHOTS! And I just stood on the side lines, looking at the fun they were having, and in my head I was screaming 'give me one' ! But I know its for the best that I didnt drink. Its still a raw thing for me though, but im proud of myself that I stuck by my guns.

10 days Af today.

Good for you Liz. Keep that internal dialogue/resistance up and can reach your goals. I hope that doesn't sound trite. I really wish you and all here success.
    Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Way to go Liz, I know its hard, but you know you will feel better about yourself if you keep away from the devil juice...........stay strong! :goodjob:
      Living on Planet Sober since 05/02/11

DAREDEVIL COOKIE MONSTER

Comment

Liz :goodjob: xxxx

Comment

Yay, well done, great job. You made it through - big pat on the back!!

Comment

Good on you Liz!
            How much fun were they having after 6 shots each?

Comment

Liz, good for you, it is wise for you to get these af days under your belt. Your perspective on your relationship should get better, the longer you are af. It is a hard battle, but you demonstrated last night that you can do it. Nice work,
              Hill
              Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Well done on saying no Liz, it does get easier with time. How much fun are they having now with their heads stuck down the white bowl, cold sweats and another f@@ked up Sunday?
                AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Hey that's good you resisted

I am still after more than 3 months dreading social occasions when everyone else is drinking because I think it's not fair, it isn't getting any easier (yet) but one occasion at a time and it doesn't seem quite so bad

Nearly at 100 days, can't believe it, I have never gone 100 hours without a drink apart from when I was pregnant

Keep it up Liz

Corinnex
                  I have a drink problem, I have been AF since 15 March 2011 and I am working hard to stay that way

They don't call me Pingu Purple Pants for nothing....

Comment

Good to hear this! I am glad you decided not to drink because you would have been beating yourself up all day today and feeling like a failure. So glad to hear this, and I am sure it will get easier as time goes by!

Comment

Working...
                    X