Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day One Behind Me and On To Day Two

Hi, Everyone!
    I hope you are enjoying the day. Well, day one no wine worked out just fine, and now into day two. Not planning on having anything today either. It was great to wake up and not feel a bit dizzy or slowed down. Actually, I got some things done around the house. I am thinking that a lot of the days afer a bottle or more of wine that I didn't feel much like doing anything of any value. I didn't feel terribly sick, but you don't feel terribly well either.
    I have often gone one, two or three to four days during the week without the wine, so although this is a start, I will feel better when I get a week behine me because I don't think I've gone a week without it in a very long time.
    In thinking about it, it is sort of a habit, part of the routine day to day. When I went grocery shopping, stopping in next door to get wine became sort of part of the routine. Or, it's 7:00pm, let me get the wine opened up for the night. Hopefully, it's not going to turn out to be some sort of physical craving and more just a part of a daily routine, like cooking or making dinner.
    I hope all of you are making some headway, too!

Nice job! I'm just finishing up with day one here. I know what you mean about the habit. I have found that some days I don't actually want to drink but catch myself doing it anyway just because its become such a routine. Every time i've tried to stop i catch myself going to bed at 7:30 because without the booze everything just seems off. Tonight i'm going to have a cup of tea and then read for a while. Reading was the one thing I couldn't do drunk so its nice to be able to do that. Good luck with tomorrow!:goodjob:

Comment

Thank you!

I think I will be fine with this. I believe it's all about making the decision that you are not going to do it, unless you are having a physical craving, and then it might be a little tougher. So far, so good. I feel normal. Let's see what day three brings me!

Comment

Congrats!

One day at a time is all we can ever do, I am also on day two. Let's stick this out together. I am proud of myself and you should be too. I think if we stick around here we will be just fine and perhaps we can climb our way out of he'll and live our lives like normal people. Can u change grocery stores so as not to be tempted by routine? It might be worth the drive. Stay close. My prayers are with us all.

Comment

Nomore, hi there, and it is great to hear that you are taking control over your alcohol consumption. It is amazing how much drinking is related to habit, routine, social events etc. Once the physical withdrawal is over, it is the cravings, and habit related cravings and so forth that are also hard to fight. New routines can be made (it take a little time) and you can do it. Hang in there,
          Hill
          Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
          X