Day 2 made it through! Yayyyyyyyy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone today is my second day af and even though my day was filled with much family drama (via nasty text msgs that I did not respond to) and I no longer desire a relationship with my biological family (they are also poison to me). My fathers day was very nice and I remember every second of it! I am purging myself of all poison (alcohol and dysfunctional alcoholic family members). Feeling fabulous and even took a walk with my husband tonight. It was very nice. I really can get used to this. Have a good night everyone!

:goodjob: Good job Georgie. Onwards for day 3, 4 ,5 and so on!!! x

Comment

Go for it Georgie!

There are NO negatives in being sober. It is win, win all the way no matter how we look at it. There is truth in sobriety. Our own, sometimes long lost truth.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Go Georgie!!

You sound so positive and determined. Keep going!!

Comment

good for you keep it up you will soon have 7 days and 1 week up your sleeve

Comment

Georgie, hi there, and welcome. It is great to hear that you want to take control of your relationship with alcohol. It is a battle, but you can do it. When you are ready tell us a little more about yourself, how much you drink, how long you have been drinking. Are you looking to quit drinking completely?

All the best, and hand in there. (Sorry to hear about your family issues, that adds a great deal of stress to our lives - any motivation you can find to start your sober life).

Take care,
            Hill
            Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Good job, Georgie!

I did day two yesterday, and it's almost noon on day three. JUST SAY NO! The booze is only destroying your body, not helping solve any issues at all! Keep going!

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you all for your support. I'm in the last hours of day three! Took another walk with my husband. Ooooo wouldn't It begreat if I got fit and trim again too? I have heard of others losing weight after being AF I hope that happens to me. I have started to crave chocolate though the last 2 days and I never used to eat sweets. Anyone else have that happen? I am not fighting it though, I will overcome one thing at a time. Goodnight all! Sleep well!

Comment

Hi Georgie, congrats on getting this far.
                  You are right about not worrying about craving for chocolate.
                  This is normal, my treats at the moment are "Ben & Jerrys Cookie Dough Ice cream".
                  I am sure when you get some AF time under your belt, you will want to start eating healthier, so dont worry about your new sweet tooth.

Keep going Georgie, things will get better and better by staying AF.

Damo in Dublin
                  Still trying !!!
                  AF 25th June2014

Comment

well done georgie, keep going your doing great, yogurts,ice cream are my new passion!! ive moved on from sweets, hope your next af free day is a stressless as possible,,it is worth the work,its not an easy ride but less rocky than while drinking, wishing you well x
                    if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Comment

damo 180 ben and jerrys is so delicious i had to stop buying it as it was costing almost as much as it would to drink!! x
                      if you always do what you have always done you will always get what you have always got!

Comment

Working...
                      X