• Show
Clear All

Army Thread 20th June 2011

Flying start to the week...

Vroooooooooooooooooooommm...
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Morning Tips Where is everyone?? Off to the hospital for some blood tests see you later.

Comment

Morning Tips and Anon,

Not so much vroooooooooooom as cough, splutter, neeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeee

Got toothache and it's making me grumpy! :H

Hope you have a lekker day!

EW
      If you can't have one drink, don't have any - My Nan

Comment

Morning Tips, Anon and EW-and everyone else to come.
        Raining here this morning and just checked "MeteoFrance" weather-looks like we are in for more rainy days to come. Just a few weeks ago we were getting up to 27? and now it's maybe 17-20? tops. Blah.
        Oh well-can't change the weather:H.
        Off to work now and then a school play this evening. Have a good one Army. xxx

Comment

Good Morning Troopers!!!

Looks like everyone's doing a quick fly-by today, me included.

EW - hope you get that tooth taken care of soon. Toothaches are not a good way to start off any day, let alone a Monday.

Wishing you all a very

Off for a late walk with the dogger. Catch youz laters....
          For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
          AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Morning troopers - I have been reborn!! - on saturday I was involved in a car accident - a disqualified driver ran head on into my car on our 1km long bridge causing me to be trapped in my car - both airbags deployed and my spare tire hit me in the back of the headrest cutting my head. Miraculously I walked out of the accident once the firemen got the door open - with only bumps and bruises (that pain killers deal to nicely). I consider myself soooooooooooooo lucky and I am not going to muck around anymore.

Hope you are all well
            It's time I put my big girl pants on. :grannypants: I hope they fit.

Comment

Hi again, Ladies.

Zeppie - so sorry to hear about the accident. Lucky you weren't seriously injured. How is the teaching going? Hope you're enjoying it.

Molly, we have a lot of birds here but I don't usually see the small ones, the sparrows. They've got nests in the olive tree in our back yard and they natter all day long. Sometimes a magpie or a pigeon will land on the tree and the racket they make is so loud.

Comment

Thanks Molls - yes I have nightmares of headlights coming at me, although they have lessened, I am counting myself super lucky - the sun was certainly shining on me that day. My insurance will pay out $3,000 too so that is good (although it won't replace the car I had and I can not really afford another one). They are waiting to see if the other driver had been drinking or on drugs etc, but the cops had been out looking for a car that matched the description of the one that hit me as someone had complained it had been driving erratically.

It kinda makes you think and makes you appreciate life really - it also makes me do a bit of soul searching as to why I stupidly drank for all those years wasting my life away.

Comment

School was going good Stirls - although the earthquakes last week shut uni down for the week and now I have another week off while my body recovers - then it's two weeks holiday.

Oh yeah and my dog groomer friend cut my hair off today - it has been long for about 8 years and now it just comes to my jawline. She used her doggie scissors and comb and all and I had to wait in line behine a bichon and a cavoodle But we had a huge laugh while we were doing it - it doesn't look half bad either

Comment

Zeppie2;1133790 wrote: School was going good Stirls - although the earthquakes last week shut uni down for the week and now I have another week off while my body recovers - then it's two weeks holiday.

Oh yeah and my dog groomer friend cut my hair off today - it has been long for about 8 years and now it just comes to my jawline. She used her doggie scissors and comb and all and I had to wait in line behine a bichon and a cavoodle But we had a huge laugh while we were doing it - it doesn't look half bad either
                    :H:H:H And did she use and anti-shedding shampoo as well?? Glad you enjoy the teaching. Time off came just about at the right time for you. Give you a while to recover from your injuries. Hope those aftershocks hold off and things can get somewhat back to normal.

Just back from the supermarket and saw this teenager wearing the loveliest pair of shoes. They were black and white hounds' tooth check sling back, peep toe pumps with a medium high heel. Lovely slim calves and dainty ankles that would make any woman jealous. Unfortunately they were worn with a pair of dark blue bermuda shorts that used to be jogging pants and a rather ugly t-shirt in a khaki green colour. Bit of a bulgy stomach that was messily hanging over the waistband of the shorts didn't do much to impress me either. Shame about such pretty shoes going to waste. I would have thought his mother would have made him change into something that matched the shoes a bit better. Not even the pretty yellow and pink bead bracelet he was wearing could save the outfit.

Comment

No luckily - she didn't put me in the hydrobath - or try to clip my nails, she might have found a niche market with two for one haircuts for the owner and the dog.

You're teenager sound lovely Stirls wish you had got a photo on your cell phone to post for us.

Comment

Zeppie2;1133792 wrote: No luckily - she didn't put me in the hydrobath - or try to clip my nails, she might have found a niche market with two for one haircuts for the owner and the dog.

You're teenager sound lovely Stirls wish you had got a photo on your cell phone to post for us.
                        Well I didn't want to be really obvious since his mother was with him. It surprised me to tell you the truth. This is a very conservative town we live in. I don't think I've ever seen a teenager in EMO or goth or any kind of clothes that are anything but ordinary. Rather a boring bunch to tell you the truth.

Comment

I was a goth when I was younger

Comment

Zeppie2;1133798 wrote: I was a goth when I was younger
                            So was Oney-butt. I never went through that stage since I'm somewhat older than you ladies. I did have a "beatles" haircut when I was 11. They'd just become popular and I so wanted my hair to look like Paul McCartney's. I was quite smitten with him.... Imagine this head of hear on an 11-year old girl....:H I thought I was the bees knees...

Comment

you would have been lovely Stirls

Comment

Working...
                              X