Day Two Done, Day Three Looking Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Everyone! Well, day two is done and gone. NO WINE! Soon it will be noon on day three, and it is looking pretty good. For those of you having problems, you have to commit and really want to stop. Once you decide and follow through, you are going to feel so great! Waking up feeling alert, not foggy, lots of energy, healthy, no upset stomach and dull headache. Maybe within three days I would have had two or three bottles of wine at around $10 each....so $30 dollars saved. At around 500 calories per bottle, 1500 empty calories not consumed, so around 1/2 pound NOT GAINED! No damage to liver done either.
    I hope everyone out here who is trying not to drink is doing well today, too!

Hi NoMoreWineThisTime:
    I am day 22 and celebrating feeling great. Have lost weight and clothes are fitting better. More energy too. I love the money saved as I can buy more clothes and not feel guilty.
    I am a bit worried as I have had a couple of difficult moments with temptation but I did conquer them.
    Hoping I can stay strong. Posting here helps.
    Keep up the good work and congrats on day three.
    Don't worry, be happy!

Comment

Great To Hear!

So glad you have gone that long without drinking. Did the wine get the better of you, too, or another evil drink?

I wish I had realized this sooner, but I guess this is as good of a time as any.

I am so mad that my little jeans are tight now, it took so much work to get into them in the first place. Also, many people do not realize that when you have the alcohol in your system, or the chemical that is created by it, your body burns that first for energy! So if you spent the night drinking, and then do some cardio the next morning, you didn't burn any fat for fuel because the alcohol substance was still present, and your body works on that first! How irritating is that???

:goodjob:

Comment

No more, you seem to be in good spirits, and you are starting to add your sober days together. Keep up the great work. Don't let your guard down, alcohol is a cunning adversary. You can do it.
        Hill
        Sober since Feb 7, 2010.

Comment

Working...
        X