Into Day Four....Still No Wine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, everyone. I hope you are all doing well today. Well, it's nearly noon time on day four. All is well. Now, I definitely see it (drinking the wine) was more of an evening ritual with me, and I am not feeling a real need to drink anything. Makes me wish I came to thinking of stopping this a few years back. Of course, a few years back it was not a bottle a night! It's a bit strange at night not getting our the corkscrew and the nice glass and watching a movie, but it is definitely do-able, for sure.

Keep up the good work!
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

That is wonderful :goodjob:. Good for you! NMWTT, are you going cold turkey? I'm on my second day and I'm worried about WD's although so far none.
      AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
      AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
      STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Nice job. I'm working through day two and keep catching myself thinking about throwing in the towel tonight. Each time I think it I yell NO really loud. It's a tad dramatic but its working so far. Think of how nice your teeth will shine without all that wine!

Comment

Stumpy

stumpy;1135050 wrote: That is wonderful :goodjob:. Good for you! NMWTT, are you going cold turkey? I'm on my second day and I'm worried about WD's although so far none.
          Hi. Congratulations. Yes, I woke up last Saturday and just stopped. I don't feel any type of negative side effects at all, and I am not sure that would happen with wine, maybe with stronger alcohol? Anyway, as each day goes on, I am feeling better and better. Looking forward to Day 6 tomorrow.

You keep going, too!:goodjob:

Comment

well good for you, it hasn't been hard for me either. But I've been so sick I just didn't want any. Good luck on day six. :goodjob:
            AF since 8/29/12 Goal 30 day-screwed up on day 9
            AF since 9/9/12- Goal 30 days
            STUMPY IS A LADY!

Comment

Great job NMWTT. You can do it. Make sure you are busy tonight. I'm on day two and going through my afternoon ritual of talking myself into it. Make you a deal. I will stay AF today if you will.

Comment

DJL- I did day four, and I am on day 6 now. Tomorrow will be day 7! No problems today!

Comment

How's it going? Today is day 7 for you? You must be feeling wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                  X