Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fallen

3 days short of 3 months AF , had a drink

had to post, death in family is not an excuse the others I could cope with, Sorry to post a downer
    Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Fallen

sorry about the loss of a member of your family!...please remember that dealing with grief is better sober than not.....just hang in there and remember the newly awakened feeling that long term sobierty brings.... Rusty xx
    :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

Fallen

Foamfollower, so sorry for your loss. I experienced the death of a close friend last week after 31 days AF. I am back on day 2. I didn't care whether I drank or not - all of a sudden it wasn't a priority.
      Everyone deals with things in their own way. The good thing is you have the wisdom you gathered over your AF time to know what life you prefer. I am back on my journey with a new-found courage and hope that when my time comes I will know I have lived a worthwhile life. This is my intention.
      Don't beat yourself up over it; you are dealing with a death in the family here - nothing comes closer than that. Do what you have to do to get yourself through the next few days.
      I wish you all the strength and courage you need to manage through this sad time and move forward when you are ready.:h
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Fallen

Brother, bike accident, had to do the identity bit, parents away on hols, still need to contact them, damn
        Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! KISS SLOWLY Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. sigpic

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

?Oh no....he's awake!! Cos he's bleeding sober again

Comment

Fallen

FF I'm really sorry for your tragic loss, sending sincere condolences your way :l
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Fallen

Oh dear FF, that is even harder. My heart goes out to you. Take care!
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Fallen

Hi Foamfollower,

I am deeply saddened by your news. I cannot begin to imagine what you have been through. I tried to put myself in your shoes, as I have 2 brothers. I am at a total loss for words.
              Do what you need to do. We will all be here to help you.
              THOUGHTS become THINGS
              choose the GOOD
              ones!

AF since 5/22/11 :boxer: Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.............

Comment

Fallen

FF, this is terrible news. I am SO sorry for your loss. No, AL won't help. This is something you have to experience soberly to begin, in time, to heal. Don't discount what a tremendous thing you did with the sobriety, love. You can do it again, I'm confident. Again, I'm SO sorry for the loss to your family. You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers.
                Rubes
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Fallen

That's a terrible loss FF , my thoughts are with you man . MM
                  AF 5/jan/2011

Comment

Fallen

Sorry for the loss of your brother foamfollower, My condolences to you and your family.

drinking wont make anything easier, keep strong and keep posting here,You have friends here.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Fallen

So sorry to hear about your loss. You are in my thoughts.
                      Bean

Comment

Fallen

so sorry!

Dear FF.

I am so very sorry for you. That must have been a horrible experience. Having to to do he identfication--ugh. Have a friend who had to do this a year ago for his wife in a bike (motorcycle) accident, and it affected all of us friends.

I hope you pull yourself up as soon as you can and get back on track to be AF.

Sometimes life just seems so unfair, but I am praying that you'll come through.

TDN
                        "One day at a time."

Comment

Fallen

FF, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Remember, hun, there's always someone here for you night or day.

Thinking of you and your family at this truly sad time.

J x
                          :l
                          It could be worse, I could be filing.
                          AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Fallen

Bless you, so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you.

K x
                            Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

Fallen

I'm so sorry Foam. Will keep you and family in my prayers!
                              Outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog its too dark to read

Comment

Working...
                              X