Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we ever get sick of thinking about alcohol!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I not Drinking -I think about it!When I am Drinking-I think about it!
    I wish my brain would just give it a rest............

I have not been on this site for quite awhile(since last October to be exact)
    Back In July of last year I started taking the Topomax( and stayed sober for about 9mos.)
    I got sick of all the all side effects and decided to quit. So of course I started Drinking again. A few months later I decided to try Naltrexone(stayed sober for about a month).
    So here I am on the roller coaster again-telling myself I desperately need to quit this Habit! It has consumed me most of my life......

Please, somebody give me the secret solution. Iam so tired of obsessing over this issue in my life. Why can't I just let this one Go?

PS- I've been through AA , Rehab, and therapy for years( you'd think I would have this beat by now!)
    Any suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated!

Everyone's motivation is different. I believe though, that you have to want an AF life more than booze. You have to want sobriety more than anything or it won't happen. Half doing a job only gets half it done........
    It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
    Mother Theresa

Comment

I'm not sure if this helps but I felt the exact same way. For a long time I drove myself nuts during my AF time and it didn't seam fair. I wasn't drinking but I was obsessed. Really the only other way I'd ever felt that was was after a breakup. Even if the relationship was bad and I knew it was the right thing to end it.... I would sometimes have lingering love... and thoughts... and pain for years. Time always seamed to heal... (I hate that saying) but it's true. I also got interested in other things that had nothing to do with AL... I feel like I'm still baby stepping into my new sober life... but I am having a much easier "time" of it. Take care, choice

Comment

Working...
      X