Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made it home fri night AF, it's day 6

Hi everyone,
    I have been a fairly heavy drinker for the last 10 years. When I would drink I would do so until the bottle (usually wine) or beers were all gone. For some reason, I could not just drink one or two and be happy. I would convince myself that it's fine..just finish it, after all I thought I was having a good time numbing my thoughts and feelings.
    On the 19th of June, I decided that was it, I was tired of my energy being zapped after a night of drinking. I couldn't see the value in drinking, it was a short term gain for the next few days of tiredness + various body pains. I was over feeling unproductive and sluggish.
    I am now on my 7th day (12.50am), so only 50min in and AF, and loving it! I went out after work tonight being a Friday and surprisingly did not even feel like drinking. I thought I would struggle and cave but had no urge (for the first time in years!). I really think the first few days are the hardest and now it's much easier to say no.
    My energy level remained up all night with friends while they were drinking and getting a little slower and not as quick witted. I got home feeling healthy and awake, not tired and bloated.
    I know it's only been approx 7 days but I'm loving this new life full of energy. Now I just need to maintain this! I was doubtful about making it through tonight but I did & know there will be no hangover in the morning, so anything is possible, hello AF life!
    Thanks for reading !
    Morrey

Welcome morrey keep going and well done.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
    I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

:welcome: Morrey and GREAT JOB!!

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Well-done on 7 days and you cracked a nightout whilst others are drinking!!

Comment

Good work, and keep going forward. Over consuming alcohol has no positive aspects at all. It's not healthy, and it makes you feel terrible the next day or two....not even to mention it's A WASTE OF MONEY!

Comment

Thanks for the support!
            Saturday morning over here in Sydney town and I had a great sleep after my night out with friends. I have all the energy I need to have a productive fun Saturday, not the usual sluggish, hang out on the couch day ahead.
            It makes me wonder why I didn't do this a few years ago .
            I have also been losing weight over the last week even though I've been indulging in other little things like coffee during the day. That has to be healthier than AL.
            It makes me wonder how big an improvement your body is making internally everyday without AL, like they tell you when you quit smoking. It has to be something similar?! Maybe there is a thread on this already!
            It's so nice to be able to have somewhere to write about our AL challenges. Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
            X