I'm still Kicking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still Kicking.

Dave, have just read your advice on another thread. You are such an inspiration and I for one truly hope you stick around. I am so glad you are here and wish you continued success!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I'm still Kicking.

Dave,

I know you have only posted a few times so far, but each of your posts are inspiring. I am really appreciative of your openness, honesty, and insight. Thank you for sharing.

Ive learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances. -Martha Washington

Comment

I'm still Kicking.

Thank you all for your kinds words. I have been truly uplifted by the sheer goodwill and spirit on these boards.
        I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

I'm still Kicking.

Dave,

Your post is so inspiring and insightful. I had just started the "morning top off" when I knew I had to get back in control or I was going to lose my business. I found this site and it has been a life saver. I have since started a Baclofen regime and worked hard to cut my consumption by 20%. The Baclofen process has produced some serious side effects and sometimes they are so severe I wonder if it is worth it. From now on everytime I wonder if it is worth it I will reread your post.

Thanks!!!

D

Comment

I'm still Kicking.

Dave, my day drinking was starting to get earlier and earlier, and I'm so glad my husband caught me as I was heading down that dark path. So very glad to hear things are turning around for you.

Comment

I'm still Kicking.

Jordan;1137244 wrote: Dave, my day drinking was starting to get earlier and earlier, and I'm so glad my husband caught me as I was heading down that dark path. So very glad to hear things are turning around for you.
              That path is indeed a very dark one. In the end, I would look at the coffee pot, look at the vodka bottle, and pour a drink. At 5AM. Ugghhh. That is no way to try to live. That is a way to die.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I'm still Kicking.

Doggygirl;1137412 wrote: That path is indeed a very dark one. In the end, I would look at the coffee pot, look at the vodka bottle, and pour a drink. At 5AM. Ugghhh. That is no way to try to live. That is a way to die.
                You are so right. I could sense the life ebbing out of my being. That was another life, another time and I never want to experience those things again. I feel such enduring empathy for people still stuck there. I want them to know there is a better way.
                I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Working...
                X