Day 36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 36

Day 36 af and I can't believe it. Five weeks is a long time and the last time that I made it five weeks af was when I was on the 8 week with 2 drinks quit (I had them at my 2nd week). But this time is different. I didn't cheat and won't cheat. If I ever drink again (which I will try my best to not do and I know that I have it in me to not to) then I know that I would have to start over at Day 1. Thank you everyone for your help. I doubt that I could have done it on my own, in fact I know I couldn't. It feels so free. This weekend is proving to be a little tougher with cravings however I will not fall for them. If I want beer, I will just have an NA beer instead of the real beer.
    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Day 36

That's great Drifty!
    Updates like that give me hope that maybe one day I an get there too.
    One question, Non AL Beer, really? Does it taste the same?

Comment

Day 36

Hi Drifty you are doing great! I think the same way you do. I will never drink again because I do not want to go back to the hell I was living and I most definitely never want to start back at day one. That is a huge difference in my life now. Once you have accomplished a large string of sobriety why would we ever want to start over. It is way easier for me the fight the urge to drink now...seems to be the same for you. Keep it up!!!
      AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Day 36

I have tried O douls (red) and Busch NA. I didn't like the O douls but I like the Busch NA (simular to taste as in Busch Light but lighter taste). And I will be heading to bed soon a winner. I never want to return to my old life and yes Morrey keep up the hope and with hard work, you will reach here someday.
        I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Day 36

Keep at it drifty and make sure you are using all the tools available, they are a must :-)

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Day 36

O and well done.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
            I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
            X