Day 8!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 8!

Hi everyone made it through Friday AF! Today(day8) was my daughters high school graduation. I can't believe my baby is all grown up! The day was a little tense because the sister that started all the drama and pretty much was the last straw that made me give up my biological family was there too! You see her daughter graduated too. She is the kind of person that even though she already had children and was on her second marriage had to compete with both of my pregnancies by having two more children. My husband and I had to plan our children around the seasons due to business and the weather because we could get snowed in where we lived. Anyway as soon as we stared making plans, she just had to have another baby. When I started to discuss having a third she told me how stupid that would be ( she had her tubes tied at that point). Even though I only had two both girls and she had FOUR three girls and a boy, I would be stupid to have another! Im guessing it was because she couldn't compete at that point because her husband didn't want any more and she could barely afford the four she already had plus her tubes were tied. Oh and the reason her daughter graduated from the same school is because when my husband and I decided to move out of the mountains, we built a new home in a small community and Yep, you guessed it my sister had to move here too.
    Like me you can probably see the competitive pattern that has plagued me since birth were she was concerned. Her daughters made my girls lives in school hell , most of the time the mean girls in school are not supposed to be your own cousins, I am talking rumors of stuffed bras and social stuff that make children's lives in school hell. Luckily my girls are beautiful and not only on the outside but on the inside and did not engage in tit for tat which I think enraged my sister even more because we rose above it. But not any more! We are all rising above and removing all possibly of any further assault by cutting them all out of our lives. Any way sorry to ramble but felt a need to tell you all that.

Day 8!

Georgie, congratulations on your success staying AF! That is a wonderful gift to yourself and to your girls on such a special day.

I try to focus on my own personal growth and development and leave others to focus on their stuff. I am also not afraid to drift away from relationships that are toxic for me. Sounds like that is what you are doing.

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Day 8!

I am so happy you were able to be alert and present at the graduation! Good work!

Comment

Day 8!

Congrats on your 8 AF days Georgie

I cried when I watched my kids graduate from high school but loved it when they graduated from college. Mostly because I didn't have anymore tuition payments on my back.

Sorry your sister is so difficult. I've blown off 2 of my 3 brothers over the years & a few friends due to their toxic personalities - you are not alone

Keep up the great work!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Day 8!

Good going georgie on day eight, keep it up.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Working...
          X